3G iPod Touch!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by goundry, Oct 16, 2007.

1. goundry

goundry New Member

Surely it's possible?

Anyone know of a cable to connect an iTouch to a mobile so that the iTouch can use the mobile's 3G connection?

Thanks
  2. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    no but i think it would be cool if the iPhone put off a wireless internet signal that only the touch could pick up!
  3. taikmata

taikmata New Member

4. goundry

goundry New Member

excellent! thanks so much! i didn't expect to find such a cool solution! i'll go play. luckily i have a WM6 PDA so this should work out well

Cheers

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. goundry

goundry New Member

This all works amazingly!!! I've now got a 3G ipod! Beats GPRS / EDGE any day

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks again
  6. Pitt

Pitt New Member

Anyone knows if this is possibile with a Symbian OS cellphone?
    I searched everywhere but I found nothing (I do not have a Symbian cellphone, I was about to buy a 'cheap' WiFi one just to use it with the Touch on the go).
    Or anyone knows if this 'WiFi access point cellphone' is something that will be a common feature on futures cellphones?

I would prefer this solution to a, let's say, 3G iPhone.

Many thanks.
  7. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    wouldnt that only work if you have a plan for the phone though? i doubt cell phone carriers would like you walking around getting free wifi from them
  8. taikmata

taikmata New Member

of course u need a data plan for your phone. if u r buying a pda, dun buy 3g, go for hsdpa 3.6mbps - naturally ur operator needs to support 3.5g.

trust me, the speed diff between 3g n 3.5g is huge.

as for the pda, ensure its wm6 or wm5 aku 3 and above.

as for symbian, no solution yet. was thinking of doing the same thing for my n95 but wifi sharing still not avail. got to wait.
  9. davefrank

davefrank New Member

I figured this out 2 days before anyone posted it online. This device f***in rocks now that I have Internet anywhere my sprint mogul works (which is everywhere). I thought no bluetooth was going to kill tethering, but it occured to me an ad-hoc wifi connection should work with static ips and an internet sharing program. it works way faster than bluetooth.
  10. bangkokzzh

bangkokzzh New Member

no meaning , why don't just use WMA6 PDA get online? we love touch ,maybe is the OSX system or the way we use it . little bit different when we use WMA6 PDA, but the result we get same . PDA can open website by mobile IE. so why we have to use two device to get online?