3g ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 06eclipse, Nov 23, 2008.

1. 06eclipse

06eclipse New Member

One thing I really hate about apple, is how they launch a new set of ipods every freakin year.

However, since the ipod touch and iphone are now game platforms, apple will have to slow down their refresh cycle, otherwise, the game developers as well as the consumers will not be able to keep up with all the new products and the differences between them. With that in mind, apple has to hold off any major updates (more power, better graphics, higher res screen ect.)to the itouch and iphone for at least 2-3 years.

Knowing that apple can't really do anything major with the 3g itouch (because of game compatability), what do you think it will have? I think:

1. Internal stereo speakers for games.

2. Possibly ditch the chrome backing for a silver plastic one.

3. Better battery

4. One developer had talked about using the iphones camera for a game, as this idea becomes more popular, I can see a need to have a camera on the new ipod touch.

And the 2009 iphone will have:

1. Possibly slimer design

2. Internal stereo speakers for games

3. better quality camera, at least 3-5 mega pixels.

4. (Confermed feature): option to have part of the display always on for quick info (battery, time, date), without using hardly any battery, through a second back light. This allows you to see minor information, without turning on the actual screen.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Umm.......

Apple isn't the only company that releases new technology every year. Companies like HP and those other Computer companies do the same thing. Its how it is with Technology. Better and newer things come within the year and become integrated into one new, better technology.

With that being said:

Welcome to the World of Technology. The World of Tomorrow, 6 minutes ago.
  3. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

Thank God they do.....life's short!
  4. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't see why people get so upset about new Ipods every year. This is just the way technology works. Its not just Apple. Look at any technology company and you'll see that they're constantly updating their products. Take the PC for example, can you imagine how far back we'd still be if they didn't update them every two minutes? We'd all still be running 32MB of RAM....LOL Or cell phones, we'd still be carrying around a huge brick.

As for a camera, I can see the possibility of the touch getting a camera at some point. Personally I really don't care one way or the other because these cell phone cameras are next to worthless IMHO. Even if they upped it to 5 megapixels the image quality would still suck because the sensor and lenses would still have to be tiny to fit into suck a small package.

I have my doubts that they can make a truly good sounding stereo speaker design on these due to the lack of holes for the sound to come out of. That is why they sound so tinny to begin with.

Better battery would be a great addition!
  5. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well they do come out in relatively fast speed
  6. Meido

Meido New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I hate car companies, they come out with a new car every freakin year. And newer, better, cheaper iPods coming out each year? Oh I hate that so much.

A plastic backing is a bad idea. It would scratch, probably crack, and silver plastic usually looks like crap.
  7. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I cant wait for the 3G to drop. I'm holding out on getting a 2G because I got the AppleCare for my 1G, and that doesn't expire until 2010. I'm hoping a GPS feature will be added to use in maps, that would be cool to use on trips etc. A camera would be cool too. I wouldn't mind a backing like the iPhone 3G.
  8. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Has anyone heard of the word business? It's all what Apple is doing, making money.
  9. faizan96

faizan96 New Member

doesn't technology double every 2 yrs or something? get used to it now when ur still young.... im probably younger then u lool
  10. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Lol , well if they only released new tech every five years , that wouldn't be too great either now would it ?
    They have to keep up marketing.