3G iPod Touch Untethered

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by LH08WDC, Jan 2, 2010.

1. LH08WDC

LH08WDC New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know that at the moment there are no untethered jailbreaks for the 3g touch. Does anybody know if anybody is developing one? I know the dev team are developing green-poison, but that was supposed to come out before Christmas. I figured we can use this thread to hear of any future updates for an untethered 3g jailbreak.

**Mods feel free to move the thread to a different location if you want. I figured this was the best place to put it**
  2. Wiredbomb0

Wiredbomb0 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. LH08WDC

LH08WDC New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah thats what I thought. There are some rumors that say that geohot is developing one, but he has denied it. I guess you never know.
  4. if I am correct, greenpois0n is already finished, it was done before 2010. The Chronic Dev team said they're holding it back and won't release it 'till June of 2010, when the 4G devices come out; they say that if they release it now it will trash the exploit they found for the future devices as Apple will likely patch up the exploit if they release it now.

And it will be untethered for 3G iPods. I can't wait until it comes out as I have a 3G iPod and although blackra1n is great, I sure would love untethered.
  5. LH08WDC

LH08WDC New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    how do you know? thats quite interesting.
  6. Mr Pudge

Mr Pudge Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you have been following the "jailbreaking scene", it's pretty much general knowledge.
  7. *SIGH*...I read it on the Chronic Dev blog, I can't remember which post, but for the sake of proving you wrong I'll dig it up and edit my post and add the link/quote once I find it...but I did read it only 3 days ago as I was doing research on greenpois0n on the chronic dev blog.

EDIT: http://chronic-dev.org/blog/2009/10/the-why/
    "If people that want it to be released now could at least post some comments about their reasoning, that would help, because it would basically mean burning an exploit that could be used for a 4th generation of devices."

Okay, now ask yourself, when will the 4G devices come out?

Some more proof: It states everywhere on the Chronic Dev blog that greenpois0n will be out before the end of the year (of 2009, before xmas) and it is to this day not out.

Also google it, every source says that Chronic Dev is holding it back until June 2010 even though it was supposedly "finished" before xmas of 2009.
  8. LH08WDC

LH08WDC New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I wasnt saying you were lying man.
  9. DM616

DM616 New Member

Another reason why it should be released: there are always new exploits and ways to get around (ex. PSP, Wii, and 360)
  10. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i dont really see why people are so annoyed that they have a teathered jailbreak.... teather>none is what i say... besided do you want a jailbreak now when a new firmware is probly going to be released soon... and i would rather have a jailbreak then

Please Register or Log in to view images