3G iPhone without a contract?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by GeneralDuctape, Jul 2, 2008.

1. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Alrighty guys, here it is... Possibly an opening for some hacking of the new iPhone. Apparently a little after (who knows how long) the new iPhone is released, AT&T is planning on releasing it WITHOUT the 2 year contract. The catch you ask?

*cough* it will cost about $400 more *cough*

Now I know that I probably wouldn't pay that much, but I think it's almost like paying for the old iPhone... Although I'm probably wrong. And because I'm a freeloader and like the other people hacking things; BTW I LOVE you for doing all of what you've done and may come to do; I thought to myself. From what I've heard people are talking about this new iPhone being much harder to hack with the new firmware and all. But maybe, just maybe, the 3G without the contract might open up some holes in the iPhone that could help hackers AND freeloaders become happier with the hackability of it. But I'm still having some issues with the pricing just because I don't like paying for expensive things (GAS)... Here's the article, and have fun....JUST NOT TOO MUCH