3G iPhone Info Leaked: Comments?

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by jamil_d, Mar 25, 2008.

1. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What are your comments on this? Seems interesting...

From MacMatte
    By now, most of our reads have heard of the fabled Iphone 2 but as I found out may people do not know what it’s is happening. Steve jobs has confirmed that the Iphone 2 is in the works but didn’t give any details but CEO of AT&T, Randall Stephenson accidentally leaked information that his company was working with Apple to create a 3G compatible Iphone. Confirming many 3g Iphone rumors. For all those that don’t know what 3g is, 3G is the third generation of mobile phone standards and technology, Typically, service providers, provide service at 5-10 Mb per second.(megabits) the higher speeds allow users to have access to a wider array o features such as video calling and high speed internet everywhere. But there have been other flurries of rumors suggesting GPS will be on the Iphone 2 but this seems unlikely, with a 3g chip already eating away at the Iphones battery a GPS chip will definitely cripple the Iphone. Also on that matter apple already signed a contract with Skyhook for the “maps with location” feature of 1.1.3. my views an this matter are that most likely we will see a new Iphone at WWDC (apple’s World Wide Developers Conference) as depicted in the WWDC invitation (two bridges one for Mac one for Iphone) so stay tuned for more updates.
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Can we have a link to the article where all this info is found?

Sounds nice, can't wait. Faster speeds and all that makes me want an iPhone when it comes out later in the year or next year
  3. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    oh sorry its macmatte.blogspot.com contact the owner of that site
  4. [ß]

[ß] New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I'm not surprised.
    They should have had it in the first one.
    They can't compete without it.
  5. yz85 rider

yz85 rider Banned

Yeah. I could probably believe this info.
  6. elrey23

elrey23 New Member

Can't compete without it? Looks like they're doing ok without it so far. For most people the lack of 3G is negated by the fact that it has wifi. And to make something clear to people out there who complain about the first Iphone not having 3G; ATT didn't have a nationwide network in place when Iphone was launched so it wasn't necessary at the time and I think Apple always knew they would simply implement it into the second generation. I'm personally looking to buy up a first generation after the seconds come out because I couldn't care less about 3G
  7. [ß]

[ß] New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    With the other major service providers switching to 3G, they will soon be able to release services, (such as TV) that the iPhone won't be able to deliver.

An upgrade will be necessary.
  8. GTX1

GTX1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Lol, my Voyager had GPS, 3G, Internet Browser, TV, and a full QWERTY Keyboard (no need to stumble on the sensitive touch screen). Personally, I don't think the iPhones so great. :/
  9. evel_king

evel_king New Member

The iPhone battery is what's in the way, if the battery were better then GPS would also be possible, which would give iPhone a better chance against the big guys, Research In Motion, who make the BlackBerry. I've seen photos of a touch screen BlackBerry prototype that should be intended to compete with iPhone, and Apple should be ready for that. I dunno if it's real, but I'll bet that it will happen sooner or later.
  10. [ß]

[ß] New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    They have better batteries on the market, they're just really spendy.
    I think Apple should put out an iPhone 2 8hr and an Phone 2 16hr, for only $100 more.