3G honeymoon is over - defect :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Overspeed, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Overspeed

Overspeed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So I've enjoyed my 3G 32GB till this evening when I found that the lower left corner of the glass is starting to separate from the backing. When touching the screen in that area the screen makes a low popping sound. That and I am 8 days past the Apple Store 14 day return policy. So what to do now? I know it's under warranty and they would fix it but I'd rather not be without my unit for 3 weeks. Thoughts?
  2. (v)atrex3G

(v)atrex3G Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Better to be without your iPod than to have and ipod that has a defect. This defect is something you will have to live with the whole lifetime of your iPod, so if you think you'll be okay with, leave it but if it was me I'd get it fixed while under waranty.
  3. biikmans

biikmans Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    If you have am Apple store near you, bring it in. Chances are they will swap it out for you.
  4. Overspeed

Overspeed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Really? An exchange after the 14 days are over? There is an Apple Store in my area ... it's where i bought it. Should I call ahead or just show up and ask for a swap?
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    All iDevices have a 1 year warranty and since I assume you didn't drop it, I don't see why they wouldn't fix/give you a new one.
  6. Overspeed

Overspeed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I wasn't dropped. Yes I know they will fix it, its just that I don't want to be without it for weeks.
  7. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Then take it in? I'm sure they will exchange in store.
  8. biikmans

biikmans Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4

the 14 days is only if you wanted your money back. As mentioned, you have a 1 yr warranty. AS long as it wasn't accidental damage as youi've said, it is highly likely they will give you a replacement at the store. Make sure you back everything up before you bring it in so you don't lose any info. I would make an appointment so you don't have to wait as long...follow the link:

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/
  9. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    take it in the Apple Store and the will replace it right there...I did that with my 1G (bought in 2007) last year when I dropped my 1G in the water and I made the headphone Jack white like it's supposed to be and I got it same day,without leaving Apple Store...it's a fast rpocess which doesn't require a lot of waiting..
  10. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Things like that could only get worse. Read a book for a couple weeks. Go ride a horse. If you have problems letting go of it for a few weeks, chances are you could use a bit of exercise. Heart disease IS the number one killer in America, after all (assuming you're from America...if not...I don't know what it is...Ipod radiation poisoning? who knows?)

You'll find something creative to do. You may have hidden talents you never knew existed.

Draw a picture.

Then post it here so we can all scroll down on our ipods and critique it. We're here for you, Buddy! (between games)