3g 32gb 3.1.2 Composite cable not working.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gmad20, Nov 22, 2009.

1. gmad20

gmad20 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi erbody this is my first post. I need help. I have a 32gb touch with 3.1.2 firmware and it is jailbroken. Now.. I am trying to play my movies on my tv with a Apple composite cable and all I get is sound no video. Does this cable even work to do that or what? Everywhere I go nobody gives a direct answer. I just bought it a lil while ago and just want to find out before I just take it back. Tried using screen splitter from cydia too and it didn't work. Can't find anywhere any tv out options or anything. Help please!!

Let me add some more info. I thought it was my tv but I took it upstairs to my room tv and it doesnt work up there either. Downstairs I have a 1080p high def and upstair just a regular ole sony. I cant find any option on the ipod to switch video out on or off so.....
  2. mrez

mrez Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    are you trying to view regular videos from the videos app or from other apps?
    There is an app in cydia called TVout that lets you view everything on a TV.
    I think you need a component cable not a composite.
  3. gmad20

gmad20 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeh just movies that are on my ipod. I can hear them fine but can't see anything at all.
  4. gmad20

gmad20 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok is there like a secret password to get help around here? 80+ views and 1 reply....wtf?!?
  5. randhirchhatwal

randhirchhatwal New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I had the same problem. Finally I bought the Apple component cable $49.00 from Apple Store and now I am back in business. It works great with HD TV. Only problem is the display on IPOD goes away when you are watching on the TV.