3d Modeling and Magic the Gathering?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by videogamer99, Mar 1, 2009.

1. videogamer99

videogamer99 New Member

I was wondering if there are are any Magic the Gathering or 3D modeling applications available or being made for the iPod Touch. Those are 2 of my favorite hobbies and I want to put them on my iPod. So, any word of either type of app?
  2. berky93

berky93 New Member

I have itracer for 3d modeling. it works pretty well, although its missing a LOT of features (such as the ability to change the dimensions of an object on only one axis) but updates have been adding new features. its available from the appstore.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I used to play MTG. So hard to keep up.
  4. videogamer99

videogamer99 New Member

I just looked at that. It is gonna be purchased asap. I use 3DS max so it will be killing my iPod touch battery for a long time. Thanks for that.
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

lol yeah it does kill your battery, but not as much as youd expect. the hardest part on your ipod is rendering, because otherwise it really only has to deal with a few 3d objects (you really can't, as of now, make ultra-complex things with this) and some extremely basic lighting that's purpose it only to give you an idea of what the final lighting will look like.
  6. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    3D modelling? On the iPod? You have got to be kidding me!
  7. berky93

berky93 New Member

8. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its funny. Lots of people want to do stupid things on their iPod/iPhone :| They want to do everything their desktop does on their little device. Its sad really. So mean.
  10. berky93

berky93 New Member

well if you look in history, they're not wrong to expect those things. the iphone can do a hundred times more things than the old apple computers can do, did anyone expect that those functions would ever be in a portable, color-screen, touch-screen device? no! and it can do a million times more things than the original computers can do, and those took up the area of a house! technology is progressing pretty fast. the only thing that most people don't realize is that those progressions were because of hardware changes. to improve the functionality of a device enough for something like good 3d modelling, you'd have to improve the hardware.