32gb now, or wait for 64gb.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blazingeagle2c, Oct 3, 2008.

1. blazingeagle2c

blazingeagle2c New Member

I have a 5g ipod video 30gb. I have 24gb of music and 30gb of videos (music videos, movies, tv shows). Do you think I should wait for a 64gb ipod touch or get a 32gb now. I really want a ipod touch but I have had my ipod for 3 years now and it kinda sucks that I can't upgrade the storage capacity. If I get a 32gb ipod touch now I wouldn't have much room left for music considering I gain about 8-10 gb of music a year. But a 64gb ipod touch could hold all my videos and music with room for future music. So what are your thoughts? and I have to have all my music with me on my ipod because I don't have time to make playlists and I don't think I should have to choose what I want to listen to ( we've been to the moon), and I never know what I want to listen to it just depends on how I feel.

Thanks!
  2. Dpatrick

Dpatrick New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I doubt Apple will be releasing a 64GB version.
  3. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

Doubt it...
  4. juone95

juone95 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)

wow wut the hell !!!!!1 24gb of music...... DAMN thats a lot!~~~ how can you listen to all that... won't it take a few days!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

Sure they will, but then you may as well wait for the 128GB model..........................
  6. Dpatrick

Dpatrick New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    overkillllllll.
  7. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Be happy with what is available now.

I had invisioned always wanting to store all my 10 Gigs of music and 40+ Gigs of videos to something, but in the end, I would never re-watch all my videos and listen to so many songs. I always like to switch around. And even through all my music, I only listen to about 2 Gigs of it.

That is why I'm happy with a 32 Gig or less. Heck, I could even be happy getting an 8 Gig iPod Touch!
  8. OldSalt

OldSalt New Member

Many years ago, I worked on a project that involved creating a huge image database on a 12" laser disc. We had partnered with another organization as neither of us had the need for the full 8Gb capacity of the disc. A Gb was almost a theoretical term to most of those involved. The mastering of the disc had to be done in Japan. My, my how times have changed! Like with houses and storage sheds, humans tend to grow into available space and capacity. Bill Gates once said (and I may be paraphrasing here), "640k ought to be enough for anyone." (And actually this quote may be more urban legend that reality, but you get the idea.)

A friend works for Micron at a facility where memory is manufactured. He bought his wife a Touch last Christmas. I showed him my 32Gb model and he confirmed that 64Gb is not far away. When Apple will go that next step is the question.

The "next-best-thing", at least from a technologic standpoint, is always just a few months away. The fact is that if you can buy it retail, a better one is in development and the one after that is being prototyped in a lab somewhere. You have to just take the plunge at some point and figure on replacing it at some future point. I usually buy the best available, and upgrade when what I have either breaks or is unable to do something that I genuinely need to do and is offered by whatever the latest available is. My laptop is about 5 years old and is still serving me well, so until it craps out, I'll keep on using it. The 80Gb drive is small, but I added a Drobo to compensate for that shortcoming and now have 3Tb of usable storage.

Buy the 32Gb now and start enjoying it.
  9. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Get a 32GB and lay down on the music.
    I only have 2.71 GB of music and i'm OK.
  10. Honnegger

Honnegger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    The price of Flash memory devices are way too high, therefore I doubt that Apple will release a 64 GB version of the Touch in the next months or so.

If you really need a lot of storage, go with the Classic (120 GB).