32gb model, Upgrade from 3.1.3 to iOS4 worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mmx4000, Aug 2, 2010.

1. mmx4000

mmx4000 New Member

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to find some concrete information on just how good (or how bad) it is for 3rd gen Ipod Touch owners to upgrade to iOS4. I've seen the jailbreak from Comex, and I'm finally a little tempted to try the upgrade (currently sitting with a spirit jailbreak on 3.1.3).

My main concern is whether or not the battery life will be significantly impacted. I'm currently enjoying anywhere from 2-6 days of usage before requiring a charge. I've heard mixed stories from people, but most stories involve the iphone 3g, or the ipod touch 2ng gen.

So what are peoples experience with iOS4 on the 3rd gen 32 or 64gb mobels, and would you recommend me to take the plunge and upgrade?

Thanks!
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Take it.

You'll just need to turn off Wifi each time your about to enter standby. Just so you don't lose battery life.
  3. mmx4000

mmx4000 New Member

Yea, I heard about the Wifi issue, though that makes me wonder, if I wanted to recieve push notifications from a messaging app (ie calls from Skype, or Yahoo Messenger), would they 'wake' up my ipod if I left the wifi on? This is a feature I've been wanting for a little while actually.

Although I would turn off wifi when I wouldn't need/use these features (overnight and such).
  4. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    also alot of cydia apps are not 4.0 and cause the ipod to go into safe mode
  5. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I would wait until the cydia apps get updated to work properly. That's what I'm doing. Heard winterboard is a hit and miss, that's a no upgrade for me. Besides I have all the os4 features right now, so Im fine. No rush to sync all my stuff up (cause restoring then updating is the best option)
  6. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Winterboard works.
  7. pumkinut

pumkinut New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm on 4.0 and jailbroken. I first used the tethered jailbreak and I used Comex's last night. There are aspects of 4 that I like, but having to turn off the wifi gets old.
  8. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Not for everybody I've heard. Heard it makes multitasking go haywire or something.
  9. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Don't go to iOS 4. I regret upgrading. Most of my Cydia apps failed to function, and it made everything go hay wire.
  10. musa92k

musa92k Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    alot of cydia apps are now working and with jailbreakme.com up and running i would now defiantely upgrade to ios4