32g iPod Touch 2G - Boot Problem - Please Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xdanvitox, Apr 13, 2010.

1. xdanvitox

xdanvitox New Member

Hey, I know there are 10,000 threads all over the place about boot problems but I can't find one that is specific to me. My problem is that about a week ago my touch had absolutely no problems (though was slammed full with only few MB left) and it just cut off abruptly and never booted. So I restored it from DFU and re-jailbroke it and soft reset it and it did the same thing. Now a few days later I have restored it around 10 times with a combination of 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 and tried jailbreaking and leaving it alone and no matter what I do it enevitably (randomly) will abruptly restart (even on a clean non jailbroken restore) and never boot up(just sit on boot screen)and once this happens I can't get it into recovery mode only DFU.. I've even tried redsn0w and blackra1n and tried all the troubleshooting with bootloops like iReb and iRecovery.. the only thing I could tell you is happening is a few times I used redsn0w and did verbose boot and a good bit of code would run and then it would get to "waiting on root device" and never move past it and once this happens I can't get it into recovery mode only DFU
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I dont think this is normal. Humm try taking it into apple, see if they have a solution.
    also one word: paragraphs

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. xdanvitox

xdanvitox New Member

haha yeah I wasn't really thinking about paragraph structure

but yeah idk it's weird i can't fix it and I guess that could be the only option but I'm out of warranty if there is something wrong

does anyone else have any other ideas? i did manage to get it into recovery mode (it just takes forever) but I still can't get it to boot without restoring it..