32 Reasons Why PCs Are Better Than Macs

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by darc10222, Jul 25, 2008.

1. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

Full List, With Details, Highly Suggest You Read As It Goes Into More Detail About The Points: http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Feature/92605,32-reasons-why-pcs-are-better-than-macs.aspx

1 - Service packs don’t cost $199 (only one I'll do with full description, visit link for others)
    Since Mac OS X was launched in 2001, there have been four “new versions” of the operating system – Puma, Jaguar, Panther and Tiger – with a fifth, Leopard, due imminently. That’s almost one a year, each costing a princely $199 – racking up a total bill of close to $1000 for anyone who’s bought every version. And they say Windows is expensive.

Apple has effectively introduced the first subscription operating system, and has somehow gotten away with it. If Microsoft had done likewise, Bill Gates would have been before the anti-competition courts quicker than you could say, “isn’t $199 a bit steep for a service pack?”. The Mac zealots claim that each new cat really is a new operating system, but that argument doesn’t bear scrutiny. Take Panther (Mac OS X 10.3): the Apple press release hails “more than 150 breakthrough new features”, the pick of which are a new “Finder”, a way to see all your open windows at once, and bundled video-messaging software. God knows how insignificant the other 147 were.

2 - No price premium for flashy design

3 - Thousands of decent games

4 - Two mouse buttons

5 - Broadband just works

6 - Custom-made systems

7 - Macs are months behind

8 - Life beyond 1st January

9 - Superior search facilities

10 - Safety in numbers

11 - Sensible support costs

12 - Microsoft’s on your team

13 - Black’s still the new black

14 - The CD-ROM has an eject button

15 - No confusing version numbers

16 - What the hell was that?
    "For, in Apple’s infinite wisdom, it decided that a simple PC-like “beep” from the hardware to indicate the successful start of the boot process wasn’t annoying enough. Instead, it substituted the most appalling metallic clanging noise you’ve ever heard."

17 - Cheap OEM versions

18 - Far better media capability

19 - IT support expertise

20 - Not so insecure

21 - Copious amount of freeware

22 - What is it with Steve Jobs?
    "Has there ever been such a self-serving, egotistical, irritating man as Apple CEO, Steve Jobs? Yes, he brilliantly rescued the company from the doldrums in the late-1990s, but boy, he doesn’t half bang on about it."

23 - The menu is where?
    "For an interface that’s supposed to be intuitive, design-led and superior to Windows, Mac OS has some pretty odd quirks. One of the most annoying is that the menu bar for any given application isn’t actually attached to the app itself: it sits at the top of the screen in one of the most bizarre forms of conceptual detachment we’ve seen in a long time."

24 - Full selection of peripherals
    "Macs are shut out from a wide range of products and services, from Windows-only home security kits to music download stores and MP3 players – including the Creative Zen Vision:M. Even relatively simple peripherals, such as the handy U3 memory sticks, are persona non grata on Mac OS X."

25 - Build your own computer

26 - The apps don’t crash

27 - Tablets and touchscreens

28 - You don’t need as much RAM

29 - A Mac’s delete key doesn’t delete
    "No, really! Click on a file in Mac OS X’s equivalent of Windows Explorer. Now, press the delete key. Nothing will happen. A logical, intuitive OS? Is it hell. What you have to do is press the Apple and backspace keys together, or drag the file to the trash can. What a big fat load of rubbish!"

30 - Apple doesn’t like tinkering
    "Mac users like to boast about how, rather than a traditional BIOS, they have something known as EFI (extensible firmware interface). All very well, but if you actually try to get into the EFI setup to tweak your hardware, you’ll find it’s damn near-impossible. Not so with a PC: just reboot, hit the delete key when prompted, and you’ll have low-level access to your hardware. Tweak it for maximum speed or maximum stability, the choice is yours."

31 - PCs are greener

32 - Best for beginners

And here is the best editor of MacUser could come up with for Mac > PC.
    1 - Cheaper in the long run

2 - Greater stability

3 - Mac Office is better

4 - More secure

5 - Triple booting

6 - One company controls everything

7 - Macs are faster

8 - Lively developer community

9 - Mods don’t rule

10 - Goodies use Macs, Baddies use PCs

Man, 7-10 are all pathetic.

COMMENT.
  2. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    LOl
    that's good.
    i agreeee =]
  3. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

the service packs cost $129. and as they get older they get to $99
    do they not? correct me if i'm wrong
  4. Choko13

Choko13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow made me think for a sec that its true...

Please Register or Log in to view images

......well times up Mac>PC
  5. jaymzleon

jaymzleon Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    lol seriously??? "goodies use macs, baddies use pcs" lol sorry XD
  6. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    oh wow. there are so many flaws i can see. broadband works with macs
    there are 2 mouse buttons a mac...
    When vista was released as an upgrade, it was £129 for the premium. the macOSX is only £70 so macOSX upgrades are cheaper
    The CD rom has an eject button on a mac..how would u get the CD out then if it didnt? duh
    "No confusing version numbers" thats also saying the iPod has too many numbers. its just 3 numbers. 10.5.4 simple.
    macs are not behind, its the other way around. macOSX was the first OSX to have widgets
    Vista is a RAM hogger, so obviously u need more ram.. while MacOSX is quick on 1GB.
    Black is still black?

Please Register or Log in to view images

"the apps dont crash" i had vista and every vista PC ive seen, every app crashes. like msn. everyone who has vista, well msn just crashed into not responding.
  7. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I completely disagree...
  8. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I agree with most of the stuff in there.

"Goodies use Mac, baddies use PC"? xDDD
  9. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok. Original poster
    Have u ever had a mac? u can only say this stuff if u truly have a mac.

when i was born, i was born with windows 98. then xp then vista. xp was good, our pc was crap. then we got vista. and that made me change to mac. Mac so much better than pc's
    So have u got a mac?
  10. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

couldn't agree more
    well said

freeware

best for beginners! are you kidding me? that's hilarious!!! have you ever heard of virus'? yea, the ones that don't run on a mac. this list is completely nonsense just like how the boot up sound is annoying. yea like that makes pc better than a mac

in my opinion mac os 9 is better than windows vista