32 reasons why Mac's are BETTER then PC's

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by Gman4354, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gman4354

Gman4354 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. No Errors

2. No Viruses

3. Better OS

4. No Crashing

5. there is NO 1,000 wires that get tangled up and take up space

6. Ready to use out of the box

7. User Friendly

8. Clean Desktop (Mac uses a "Dock")

9. Nice Pre-Installed Software

10. Duel Boot Mac OS X and Windows

11. Can use SDK

12. When yo install programs on a PC you have a bunch of these files that make it a pain in the A** to uninstall the program

o a mac you have on file Application.app with all files built in (with the acceptation of some apps)

13. Compact Design

14. NO "Blue Screen of Death"

Please Register or Log in to view images

15. Built in Mail, and calendar apps

16. More Secure

17. Faster

18. better iPod Support overall ex: PwnageTool, etc.

19. Faster Boot

20. Easy Updates

21. Built - in Speakers

22. Built - in Wifi

23. Built in VNC and FTP Support

24. Nice Archiving Utility

25. Built - in i-Sight (c) Camera

26. Nice built - in Disk burning

27. Nice built in Photo Software

28. Easy to use Parental Control

29. Time Machine Backup

30. Energy Saver (System Preferences)

31. Universal Access for the People with certain Disabilities

32. Worth The Money

2. ChuckMez

ChuckMez New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I agree. I currently have a p.o.s. computer running Vista. I'll soon be getting a Mac Book Pro, and Dual Boot with Vista. Oh, Windows PC's can dual boot with Mac OS X too.
  3. Led

Led Banned

Half of those awnser are opinion, and the other half don't apply to all macs. Mac's do get virus and they do crash
  4. chipmunks0

chipmunks0 New Member

"2. No Viruses

3. Better OS

4. No Crashing"

bullsh*t? mac is unsecure you see that test were they had a hacking contest between a linux computer a windows computer and a mac? the mac lost frist with in the frist 30 mins there are virus's. crashing always happens to me they also freeze alot for me but i guess if your doing email and internet there ok still rather linux. no bsod but they got the wheel of death built in speakers that sound like sh*t. but i dont know i'd rather windows for the fact of pc gaming if linux support dx10 i'd be there otherwise no or maybe if mac had other games worth wild.

i guess photo editing is big on them personaly i have one of those mac pros i think or something it has dual boot windows and osx at my work. never fooled around with the mac side i had a couple ancient macs well like 3 years old i got for free that are being upgraded or something by someone at my work so ill give them a whirl and see what i find other than that pc4life
  5. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

exactly! thank god someone here is intelligent enough to decipher FACT from OPINION

"mac is the better OS" - umm, no, that's a general opinion
    "macs don't crash" - all computers crash
    "macs get no viruses" - they get less than the typical windows computer, but will still get some

other points you made were true, but a great number were just opinions backed with little (to none) explanation

the "no errors" one just proves that little thought or knowledge of computers in general went into making this list

better luck next time

6. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    meh i have a mac and i do not have a clean desktop. everything is messed up for me

7. organerito

organerito New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If the Apple computers become more popular, I assure you'll get plenty of viruses. It is just that OSX is not that popular.

No blue screen of death? Just ask some people who upgraded from Tiger to leopard, and they'll tell you that OSX also crashes.
  8. evel_king

evel_king New Member

1. Wrong
    2. Wrong
    3. Opinion
    4. Wrong
    5. I wouldn't pay extra cash on a Mac to save myself 2 minutes on plugging in cables.
    6. The setup of a PC does not take long, and as I stated before, I wouldn't pay extra cash to save myself some time.
    7. Opinion (Because that really depends on the user)
    8. I know many people who own PCs and have clean desktops, they divide things into folders, or keep them all in my computer (And if you're now saying "But it takes longer!", refer to 5 and 6)
    9. Pre-built PCs can come with preinstalled software
    10. Can also be done on PC (Yes, it's illegal, but how many of us here care?)
    11. There is Cydia
    12. Wrong (Add Or Remove Programs)
    13. Opinion (Depends on the user)
    14. Refer to organitero's post.
    15. Wrong (Microsoft Outlook, mail and calenders)
    16. Wrong
    17. Depends on the hardware installed on the PC and on the Mac
    18. A little after PwnageTool comes WinPwn, I'm willing to wait a little bit, refer to 5-6.
    19. Refer to 5-6
    20. Windows Update, about 3 clicks, and you're being updated (And if you say "But Mac takes one click!" refer to 5-6)
    21. There are screens for PCs with built-in speakers.
    22. Some PCs come with built in Wi-Fi
    23. Download VNCTight and WinSCP (Refer to 5-6 if you start complaining about time again)
    24. Opinion (A "nice" archiving utility, that's an opinion, and you can download an archiving utility for PC, and certain forms of archiving (e.g Mail Archiving) come built in with programs)
    25. Lol, I'm willing to pay $10 for a web cam instead of paying $500 more for a Mac.
    26. Built in disk burning on PC as well, this is also Opinion ("nice" built in disk burning)
    27. Windows Live Photos (And Opinion, "nice")
    28. Parental Control programs availible, and I think there is built in as well, and the ease of use is opinion, depends on the user
    29. You can manually backup on PCs, and there may be software for backup on the internet, not sure.
    30. Can save energy in Control Panel
    31. Disability options availible on PC
    32. Opinion

There's my counter attack.
  9. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well u have many valid points, but thing is, you cant name what makes macs really really good. i have hardly any crashing, my mac is quick, i triple boot, apps are easy to install/uninstall by dragging and dropping the app into the trash can. everything on a mac makes life on a computer incredibly easy and less frustrating. its just a nice way to browse the net and edit some home movies
  10. evel_king

evel_king New Member

Lol, so the things that makes Macs supposedly better is all opinion, so we can't name any one of them better by fact?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    No, but I understand what you mean.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.