3014 downgrading error. help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPop_cherries, Oct 26, 2010.

1. iPop_cherries

iPop_cherries New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so i bought an ipod off my friend the other night (its an MC model) and im not new to JB. i used to rip at JB but i lost my original ipod and now im all out of the loop. just too much new garbage going on lol. anyways thats all irrelevant. im trying to downgrade to 3.1.2 so i can JB using redsn0w but i keep getting the 3014 error when trying to restore it using the 3.1.2 firmware i downloaded. i already tried redirecting using the whole computer<windows<system32<drivers< etc< host thing and that didnt work. (i already removed the 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com since it didnt work anyways) and now im just at this wall and dk where to go. i could always just restore back to 4.1 right from itunes but id of course rather jb. im also downloading the 4.0 firmware right now this way i could just jailbreakme.com but i have a good feeling im still going to have a 3014 error when i try to restore my ipod using the 4.0 firmware. anyways any assistance would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. austinmartin

austinmartin New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you have the .shsh files on Cydia for the ipod?

Try running tiny umbrella, and try to grab the .shsh files. It will check the cydia server for it. If not there, you can't restore to 3.1.2
  3. iPop_cherries

iPop_cherries New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the ipod was never JB before. prolly should have mentioned that before. would i be able to restore to 4.0? the 4.0 finished downloading and i tried to restore into 4.0 and still got the error.
  4. austinmartin

austinmartin New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can only restore to a current FM, or one that you have the .shsh files for.

There could be other methods for getting older FM onto an ipod, but they involve a lot of work, and you won't get a lot of help around here(building a custom FM?)
  5. viet_cong

viet_cong Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    4.1 seems to be a battery drainer for me. i was actually gonna plan to downgrade f/w but i remember apple signed off firmwares so you cant really downgrade...try using the program "recboot" it alows you to bypass f/w errors. 1015/3194 etc.