300MB left on Itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by bigbirdman, Oct 13, 2007.

1. bigbirdman

bigbirdman New Member

Hi guys,

My Itunes left with 300MB for songs after jailbreak. Anyway to resolve ? Thanks.
  2. bigbirdman

bigbirdman New Member

Anyone has answers ? or has similar encounters ?
  3. Evalis

Evalis New Member

-. If you're not already there, navigate to /var/root and rename Media to Media_sym
    -. Rename Mediaold to Media. Keep the FTP and SSH windows open.
    -. Open iTunes and allow it to activate. If it doesn't recognize your iPod, reboot it and/or restart iTunes.
  4. bigbirdman

bigbirdman New Member

Thanks a lot. Resolvedit.

Its should be MediaBackup not MediaOld. But its easily understood.

Anyone knows the reason why ?
  5. addmister

addmister New Member

Yeah I had the same problem when I first jailbroke. I just restored mine and started again with no more problems. Not sure what happened
  6. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

Guys, when you say "navigate to" - what do you mean?

I havent got my iPod yet, I'm just reading about this and hopefully will get mine jailbroken as soon as it arrives, i'm just confused about some things, like this.

a lot of people say "go to var/bin/ -Rga" all these weird addresses - I take it it's done through SSH? Is it just as simple as typing in your IP into putty (or whatever SSH you're using) and loging in then typing these addresses in to the cmd window that opens?

I'm confused because, I don't know how to actually edit stuff in cmd - only how to navigate around and view files...
  7. limbuster

limbuster New Member

If you need to run commands you will need to run using ssh (putty will do). For changing files you can download you files to your PC using FTP clients and then edit using notepad or any text editor and then upload it back to your itouch. If you follow the instruction step by step it should be really simple.
  8. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

Ah right ok, thanks.

So if someone tells me to navigate somewhere, where to I type the address they give me?
  9. moveteam

moveteam New Member

It did the same with mine iPod, after I had launched the address in Safari, but when you run touchfree.exe, and it's done, you will have the right capacity back.

Greetings from a Danish iPod touch.
  10. sagsi

sagsi New Member

And "touchfree" is now up to version 5 (search for touchfree5.zip). So if you are starting over again from scratch, get the most current version. From what I understand, it solves several sporadic issues such as this one ... and does not require wifi to get the job done!