30 Pin Right Angle adapter

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by TakenAppleDownAPeg, Apr 17, 2010.

1. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was wondering if any knows of a right angle adapter that would be from male 30 pin to female 30 or male usb that would only stick out about 1/2 inch so that I can us my iPod touch in landscape mode while it runs on AC power so that I don't have to keep draining the battery.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Never seen such a thing, but it looks like you have a good money making idea there. :D

When I had an iPod and played games like that in landscape, I would keep it charged and just hold it so the cable was in between my ring finger and middle finger. Probably just like you do now.
  3. TakenAppleDownAPeg

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It does sound like an awesome idea for a product but wouldn't I have to get licensing rights from apple to use the 30 pin connector?
  4. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Lots of products use the 30 pin dock connector and (I'm assuming) don't get licensing rights, that's why there are so many products, like the mic mod for the iPod touch, I doubt Apple allowed that licensing...
  5. TakenAppleDownAPeg

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I wonder how much effort that would take, if anyone wants to take the idea and run with it I would appreciate a couple even if it just makes it to prototype. :)
  6. staxin

staxin New Member

Have a look at www.soundcaraudio.com

They have a small 90 deg. angled 30pin adaptor board for custom dashboard in-mold. Think I need one of those... :)

Attached Files: