30 day old ipod has headphone jack failure

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NINJ4, Aug 5, 2008.

1. NINJ4

NINJ4 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I just went and bought a brand new 32G iPod Touch about 30 days ago, and today, just a day or two after buying the 2.0 upgrade I have found that my headphone jack no longer works fully. The music comes through distorted, no matter what headphones I'm using, like one of the connectors is no longer making contact with the headphones (Though with the right amount of pressure on the male connector the quality is brought back to normal). The music files themselves are not corrupted because I can play them fine through the ipod using the audio-out connection with another accessory.
    Normally, I'd simply go to Apple and cash in on my warranty and get my refurbished iPod, but this is a unit in nearly mint condition; I've made it a habit to treat this thing like it's made of expensive crystal. Also, my last two refurbished iPods (a 4G mini and a 30G 5th gen) both died within months of hard drive failure. I never made a fuss about those because before I had them replaced I had almost ran down the time of my extended warranty or regular warranty, respectively. However, it would be decidedly irritating if I had to get a refurbished, already scratched-back iPod (I've taken nearly OCD-level care of the infamous back) and then have it die anyway just as my warranty runs out.

Long story short, is there any reason to think that Apple will treat me better this time than it has before? Is there anything I can do to get myself a better deal in terms of replacement? Thanks for reading my little story, and I'd love some feedback if ye have any.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Regards,
    (NIN)
  2. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you should just bring it back. and say that i got this 30 days ago and i demand a new one.
  3. iHAX

iHAX Banned

happened to me got a new one dont be mad they will replace it =D
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yea this happened to me I just took it back to the apple store and they swapped it out for a new one then had restore problems and a week later got a new one

Please Register or Log in to view images