3 things Multifl0w should update, in my opinion.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dodgy, Aug 23, 2010.

?

What is needed from these three?

1. Number 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Number 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Number 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Number 1 & 2

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  5. Number 1 & 3

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. Number 2 & 3

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  7. These updates are unncessary.

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    1. If an app has been set to use it's 'native' method (through Backgrounder) to run in the background, and it is closed using Multifl0w, it doesn't stop running in the background, it just stays there using it's native method. However, if an app is running using the Backgrounder method (run as if in foreground), the app closes.

The app should close completely regardless of which method is uses.

There should be a little Springboard icon on the bottom left hand corner when Multifl0w is activated, so you can access your springboard from the Multifl0w page.

There should be a little Music icon on the bottom right hand corner when Multifl0w is activated, so you can access the music controls from the Multifl0w page. This needs to be a feature.

What do you guys think?

I forgot to add 'All 3 updates' to the poll

Please Register or Log in to view images

, don't know how to edit it either, lol. So, just say all three in the comments.
  2. rykah

rykah Member

I'm alright with the music controls being out (since I swipe my status bar to change songs a la Activator), but it definitely needs to close all programs and have a Springboard icon. I want this to replace the Apple backgrounding method, cus it's so fast. :/
  3. procharged

procharged Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ya I agree with all three especially when you close an app with multiflow, it should completely close the app. The way it is now you can't really get rid of the ios multitasking altogether because even if you close an app, it's still somewhat running in the background even if multiflow says it isn't. I even have backgrounder to set all apps as there running in foreground without native multitasking and still have the issue. So when multiflow says nothing is running and I open the native multitasking menu and it shows somethings are running, I exit them and can watch my ram increase. This is especially noticeable after a respring. You can have 10 apps open then respring, and multiow will show no apps in background, but the native multitask will still show those 10 apps that I have to manually close and watch the ram increase
  4. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    multifl0w closes my apps just fine.
  5. procharged

procharged Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try it after a respring... Im on an iPhone 4 on 4.0.1 so I don't know if it's different for your model but I have sbsetting ram in statusbar enabled along with processes so I know what's running and what ram an app is using by killing it. Like I said after a respiring any apps that stay in the background maybe not running but there in memory for faster launching or whatever those apps stay there mutt multiflow will say no apps open Now goto processes or native multitasking menu and you'll see them open and have to close them by means other than multiflow since it doesn't detect them.
  6. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nope, works fine. I don't have backgrounder installed, though, so that might be your problem. If you are using the native method anyway, backgrounder doesn't really do you any good.
  7. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If I'm playing music i want the music controls integrated into multiflow. So i can switch apps or change or songs straight away, plus it would be nice if i could successfully activate it while i was In an application rather than it taking me back to the springboard. Though that might just be be

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. procharged

procharged Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i dont have backgrounder anymore and tested this again. set up multiflow so that a short hold of the home button brings it up and you can still use ios4's native menu. load up a 5 apps or so and respring. bring up multiflow. it will say there are no apps in the background. now double click home button and let ios4's menu pop up. the same 5 apps will still be there in memory and you can close them one by one and watch your ram increase. multiflow can see when an app is actually backgrounded but it wont see an app that is just loaded in ram or whatever for faster app switching and launching. try exactly this and you will see what im talking about.