3 Strikes And FLASH May Not Be Out?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Prabz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Prabz

Prabz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok so i was on touch podium today and saw this very intresting post

http://www.touchpodium.com

Adobe to Jobs: You’re Getting Flash. Deal.
    Posted by Eric March on March 19, 2008 at 12:59 am
    Apple: “Sorry, Flash is not supported on iPhone.”
    Adobe: “Here, let me help you with that.”
    Apple: “Fie! You are slow and cumbersome and your slim version sucks.”
    Adobe: “Shut your sausage trap and take it like a man. Yeah, you like it like that.”

That’s how I like to picture the exchange, anyway. It seems, if you haven’t gathered already from this brief bit of fantasy dialog, a recent press release has revealed that Adobe doesn’t really care what The Steve says, it’s going to go ahead and do Flash anyway — and it’s going to tailor it especially for the iPhone. Adobe big cheese Shantanu Narayen firmly believes that the Internet is a barren wasteland of sadness and despair without Flash, and with the iPhone being the runaway number one choice of discerning consumers for a mobile internet experience, he wants to do something about that.

“We believe Flash is synonymous with the Internet experience, and we are committed to bringing Flash to the iPhone. We have evaluated [The SDK] and we think we can develop an iPhone Flash player ourselves.”

So, it looks like we’re getting Flash after all. That is, of course, assuming that it will pass Apple’s vetting process and make its way into the App Store. My bet is that Apple won’t let it come in the front door like that, and will instead review it on its own merits and decide whether or not it really is good enough to include in a future firmware version.

June will tell.

(Sources: Smart Money, Engadget)

maybe all hope is not lost..... or maybe it is

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Old news, been posted tons of times