3 questions about sip-voip

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by Zigg47, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Zigg47

Zigg47 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hey guys this is zigg47 with a couple of questions that make me look like a noob lol. Ok ive been doing some research and reading about this thing called sip-voip. Ive never heard of it because i use skype and im pretty content. But now that ive heard that i can make calls on my ipod touch with it i started to get interested. I know they released the program for it on new years and i installed it. So now all i need is a mic to use it with. So here are where my questions come in:
    1. How much does the mic cost that touchmods is taking preorders on right now.(I entered my email and stuff but they still havent sent me the billing information and its been a couple of days).
    2. Do you need wifi to use sip-voip.
    and the most important question of them all
    3. Can people call your ipod touch using a phone if you have sip-voip
    Those are all the questions i need answered(for now). So if u know the answer to all of them or just 1 pm the answers because i rarely check back at the threads i start and i always check my messages. ok and thanks again bye!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1.) (i think, im not sure....) $70???? (25 at walmart, not that hard to mod yourself)
    2.)YES
    3.)right now, no, but im the future, idk
  3. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

1. $ 45
    2. yes you need wifi
    3. You have to get a inbound number ( for around 1 euro ) with your voip provider. ( don't know if it works yet , will know this weekend )
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You don't have to get an inbound number right now because it doesn't take inbound calls.
  5. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

inbound calls

Ok thanks , didn't know