3 apps not installing

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by xNerRadx, Feb 14, 2010.

1. xNerRadx

xNerRadx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I tried installing 3 apps to my ipod touch 3g and they install but they don't show up on my springboard. The apps are called iRagdoll, Bike or Die 2 (lite edition),and Endless Walls. Why won't they install? How do I install them?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Two standard questions; 1) did you authorize the iPod via iTunes to use the apps you presumably downloaded through iTunes to your account, and 2) have you resprung or made sure the icons weren't hidden with SBSettings?

Otherwse it's time to try redownloading via iTunes on the device, or restore and try again.
  3. xNerRadx

xNerRadx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, what had happened was, I used to use my moms computer for itunes before I got mine, and I had a whole bunch of apps stored on my itunes library on her computer. So I tried to install those apps on my ipod from her computer but her internet isn't working so I couldn't authorize my account on her computer which kept me from just syncing those apps onto my ipod. So I had to take the .ipa app files from her computer and save them to a USB; and then I had to transfer those files into my itunes library on my computer. When I synced all the applications all of them worked except 4 (i just found a 4th one). So then I tried downloading the app directly from the appstore on my ipod again, and it still didn't show up on my springboard. My ipod isn't jailbroken so the apps can't be hidden with poof. I have no clue what's going on.
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The part I bolded is your issue. Make sure those apps are linked to your iTunes account and that your iPod is authorized on that account. From there, reinstall through the Applications tab in the iPod through iTunes and then see if it works. Otherwise, restore the iPod and install everything fresh, if there are files left over on the iPod which are causing the iTunes installation of the apps to fail.
  5. xNerRadx

xNerRadx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    But if that was the case, how come all the other apps worked? And I can't get my moms internet to work so I can't authorize my account on her computer. I really don't want to restore my iPod.

Edit: A restore worked. Thanks!