3 Applications Release! {{Gojohnnyboi}} , C4 Dev Team

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by gojohnnyboi, Mar 18, 2008.

1. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

As some of you know, ive just begun to learn how to make applications. I now officially release my first 3.

1. Swipe
    2. CommandX
    3. Firmware

What do these applications do? Well, they can be rather useful at times, however are not top grade applications. Heres what they can do...

Swipe

This is the simplist of all my appliations, and was actually my first. By swiping your finger on the onscreen arrows, you can either respring or reboot the ipod. Now, this is mainly helpful for testing applications ( devs ), or i guess it can be kinda fun...if..u know....ur EXTREMELY bored!

CommandX

This was my second application, and is probably the most useful. It lets the user input commands and it executes them right on the spot. This is helpful if you dont have a computer handy to execute those nasty commands with SSH. Also, a newer feature of the application: Preset Commands. They include repspring, reboot, and installer fix. Whats installer fix? well, it automatically sets installer to permissions 755. THIS DOESN'T ALWAYS MEAN A FULL INSTALLER FIX. MORE presets to come soon!

Firmware

This is most recent application and is VERY helpful for all of us eager to test the new firmwares, before the applications are set on installer to allow for it. This application will change your firmware tag on your iPod Touch/iPhone to whatever you choose, from 1.1.1 - 1.1.4, allowing you to install applications and doing other things that are only allowed on a certain firmware. BEWARE! Some actions taken with wrong firmware will result in errors and bugs in your device. i am NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE for your actions, or those bugs.

So check em out guys! Lemmy know what you think! Should i continue to make apps or no?

Head on over in installer to:

http://gojohnnyboi.890m.com/repo.xml

and have a look under the C4 Dev Team( My Team ) Category! They will all be there!

Thanks,
    Gojohnnyboi
  2. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Question about the "firmware" app.

Can you explain it a little more? Does it actually CHANGE your firmware to what you want? Or, if I'm on 1.1.1, will I be able to make it LIKE a 1.1.3 or .4 (but still in actuality, a 1.1.1) to install features and apps only available on such firmwares, IE- wiggle, that web clip thing, or other apps specifically for those firmwares.

and

After using it do change the firmware "tag" will it disable/remove my current apps?

Thanks,
    Noogums
  3. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    it probably just spoofs the fw version. (just changes the systemversion.plist file in coreservices folder)
  4. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wanna give it a try and let us know? haha
  5. C0DeR_4_liFe

C0DeR_4_liFe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im on the c4 devteam. it changes the SystemVersion.Plist
  6. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry noob here. So that makes it think its a higher/lower firmware so you can add apps and stuff and stay on your current fw without any problems?
  7. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    so wait...with this "Firmware" application if I was on 1.1.4 and I use it to go to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2...can i get all the applications that work with 1.1.2?

also...this works with iPhones right?
  8. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, not every app is going to be compatible, but some should be. I'm fairly certain you won't be able to get the 1.1.3/1.1.4 apps and wiggle this way though.
  9. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    awww thats the only thing I wanted was wiggle lol
  10. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Look up your POSIX standards. This can not be done. If an app is installed, can only set permissions up to its current permissions level. That is: If Installer has not had uid set, or been chowned to root, then It can not setuid for your app (despite how hard you may try). And if your app does not have permission to run as root, then it can not grant those same permissions to other apps, namely Installer.

Nice try though.