3.2.2 to 3.2.1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NoJoDeL, Aug 17, 2010.

1. NoJoDeL

NoJoDeL New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    So I'm getting an iPad tomorrow and I'm almost sure that it's gonna come with 3.2.2. Although I did ask and the employees said that they haven't sold out recently and they aren't completely sure which firmware they will come with I don't want to take any chances. So if it does come with 3.2.2 can I downgrade it to 3.2.1 or have they stopped signing? I saw someone earlier say that they downgraded but want to know if it's still possible.
  2. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Theres no way to do this, apple has stopped signing the 3.2.1
    If your iPads comes with 3.2.2 you're stuck on it until iOS4 for iPad is released and jailbroken or until 3.2.2 is jailbroken...

I'm sry to tell you this.

But anyway there isnt much support for the iPad... the only two things I have installed are SBSettings and Notifier...
  3. ivan_h

ivan_h New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Did you ask how long has the ipad been on stock?..... because the 3.2.2 just came out a few day age
  4. NoJoDeL

NoJoDeL New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well I got my iPad and it did come with 3.2.2 but I still managed to grab a 3.2.1 SHSH using TinyUmbrella and now I'm happily on 3.2.1 jailbroken

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jtrosky

jtrosky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hmm, how did you "grab a 3.2.1 SHSH" if your iPad never had 3.2.1 loaded on it??
  6. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If the signing window is still open, you can get the blob. It doesn't matter what firmware you're device is actually on
  7. lunchboxx

lunchboxx New Member

How were you able to get the SHSH for 3.2.1 if you just bought the device?

I'm having some troubles myself, since by accident I updated to 3.2.2 while trying to restore my iPad... Please help me! I want to try the method you did with TinyUmbrella.

Thanks!
  8. jtrosky

jtrosky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    That was my point - how did he get the SHSH blobs for 3.2.1 when they had already quit signing it (as the original poster said)
  9. NoJoDeL

NoJoDeL New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well all I did was plugin my iPad to my MacBook Pro and booted up TinyUmbrella. It said "iPad - Invalid XXX-XXX" or something like that and I just pressed Save My SHSH hoping that it would work. It took a little while, like 2-3 mins but then it said it was successful. Then I pressed Display SHSHs and it was there. After that I just downloaded 3.2.1 and Option-Restored my iPad. I also got my 4.0.1 SHSH for my iPhone 4.
  10. jtrosky

jtrosky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well, then I guess Apple is still signing 3.2.1 then? As far as I know, the ONLY way to get your SHSH's is if Apple is still signing that version. If they are not still signing it, you cannot save you SHSH's...

Could someone try to save their 3.2.1 SHSH's and let us know if you can still save them (i still run 3.2, so I can't test myself).

Thanks!