iOS 3.1 3.1

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SugarBob62, Dec 27, 2009.

1. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I apparently missed the memo of the 3.1 update, because I was still on 3.0

But why do these updates keep costing money?? Like I just paid 10 dollars for 3.0 over the summer...after just owning it a month or two. And now I just bought a game on iTunes, went to synch it to my iPod and low and behold it won't because I don't have the latest software...what??

So I go on apple.com and see there is now a 3.1 that now costs $5. Talk about a money pit. So I just spent $3 on a game, that in order to play I have to spend another $5 to get the latest software.

Is there ever FREE upgrades?? Like isn't the hundreds of dollars these things cost, enough? And how often do these upgrades happen. So is there going to be another 3.2 in 4-6 months for anotehr $5 or $10...and then 3.3 after that, and then 3.4 etc...
    I think upgrades should be free. You paid money for the product already. Just like when companies come out with firmware to fix bugs and stuff for things on the computer, they don't charge you on top of that. It's free!
  2. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

3.1 is NOT $5 if you already bought 3.0.
    3.1 IS $5 if you have NOT bought 3.0.
  3. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    In other words. If you BOUGHT the 3.X upgrade the first time. the 3.X.X will be free. If Apple ever done it the way you thought. There would be so many ships on the ocean...
  4. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    If 3.2 comes out it'll be free if you already bought 3.0. BUt it'll cost $5 if you didn't already.

Now when 4.0 comes out. That'll cost $5 for sure.

Iphone users get free firmware updates.
  5. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ohhhhhhh really? Wow ok now I feel dumb.
    So why does it say $5 then on their site? But the 3.0 was $10? Wasn't it? So then you shoulda just basically waited till now, to get 3.0 and 3.1 for only $5??? I'm confused then.
  6. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S

I know some people that waited for 2.2.1 to come just so he could get 2.0 free.
  7. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh really. I didn't know it worked like that. So then I basically should have not bought the 3.0 over the summer...and just bought the 3.1 now for 5 dollars cheaper?

What is the point of this???
  8. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

It was $10 at the start for 3.0. They dropped the price of it after.

Why? I do not know.
  9. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    UGHHH, well now I know to wait then. Thanks.

I figured it was something I needed, had to pay whatever the price was...the end. Not that you don't REALLY need it, and the price will come down later.

But so you shouldn't have to pay for anymore updates, until it switches to 4.0 something? That all the 3.....updates will be free?
  10. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

All 3.X firmwares will be free because you have paid for 3.0. The next major upgrade, such as 4.0, will cost money.