3.1...or 3.1.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by trophynuts, Sep 15, 2009.

1. trophynuts

trophynuts New Member

Got my new touch yesterday, with 3.1 already on it..hooked it up, already it wants me to upgrade to 3.1.1...anyone know anything about this..as in should i hold off or do it? Just thinking JB in the future.
  2. Hoody156

Hoody156 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  3. trophynuts

trophynuts New Member

hmm

if mine is then why is itunes asking me to update it to 3.1.1 everytime i hook it up?
  4. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    yours is supposed to be 3.1.1!
    don't know why iTunes is giving you that screen when it should be preinstalled
  5. theflexxxman

theflexxxman Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    no its not me too dude im not sure weather to upgrade or not
  6. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

iPod Touch 3rd Generation comes with 3.1 preinstalled. For whatever reason it needs to upgrade to 3.1.1, even though its factory new (wtf?).

I know cos this happened with me.

EDIT: No need to worry about jailbreak. posixninja has said the jailbreak is for 3.1/3.1.1

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. trophynuts

trophynuts New Member

finally!!

more peeps with the same situation as me...i was about to post that "no mine isn't 3.1.1" its 3.friggin1....i know jailbreak isn't on the horizon for that os but i remember in the PSP days Sony released an update everyone jumped on it only to find out that sony had found one of its own mistakes before the hacking community , everyone dl'ed the update then bam...they realized they just updated themselves out of a potential cool factor. So i am reluctant to upgrade to 3.1.1 when i have a day old touch that came with 3.1 on it...unless i can find substantial info on why my brand new 3.1 needs to be 3.1.1...

also i realize this is in the wrong forum now, so if a Mod would or wants to move it for me , im super fine with that..sorry for the hassle.