3.1 firmware / jailbreak ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Zerozx, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Zerozx

Zerozx New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey, I'm just wondering once the 3.1 patch comes out and we install it, will we have to wait for a newly updated version of redsn0w to jailbreak again? or what? Or would we just update to 3.1 without having to jailbreak again?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sorry, I'm confused.

Basically: when the 3.1 firmware is released and I upgrade to it, will I have to jailbreak once again? Or what? It would be very appreciated if someone could explain this to me, sorry for being such a newbie.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    When 3.1 comes out, the dev team WILL have to update redsn0w.

Maybe like a week.
  3. Zerozx

Zerozx New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks.
  4. juone95

juone95 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I would give the Dev Team 2 weeks maximum. I highly doubt that the Dev will have any trouble updating Redsn0w for the new 3.1 firmware.
  5. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    lol i will say one week maximum,unless something comes up and no1 works on it lol bc updates dont move any files really(not the super important ones we need especially), just updates them, so unless apple makes some weird changes to the firmware that no one can see coming, we wont have a problem
  6. CHC

CHC New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it seems a little rude to say "WILL have to" like that, they arn't forced to, mind you they probably will, so assuming they will(99% chance) then it will be released in the upcoming days after the offical 3.1 release
  7. bseels13

bseels13 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    It should be a little less than a week. But to find a jailbreak for people on iPhone 3gs who buy it with 3.1 pre-installed it will probably be longer.