3.1.3 SHSH's on Cydia any benefit to me..?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iTimmy, Apr 11, 2010.

1. iTimmy

iTimmy New Member

Hi there!

I'm new to the game and recently jailbroke my 3GS (3.1.2) with Blackra1n (untethered) on XP.

It worked an absolute dream until I got a little c*cky and began installing copious amounts of random junk. After trying a number of things: (Blackra1n, redsn0w, iH8sn0w’s iREB booter etc.) to get out of an endless bootloop that I found myself in – I was led to believe that my only option was to upgrade to 3.1.3, which I did on stock firmware.. (Stupid I know!)

I used USB View and determined that my BootRom is: [iBoot-359.3] (The old one..) Which seems to be a good thing..

As I am sure you can understand that I am now struggling with the stock iPhone outcome, particularly when I was in the ideal situation with an untethered 3GS (old bootrom) on 3.1.2 firmware..

My question being, when I backed up my SHSH's with Cydia (while I was on 3.1.2 firmware), they were backed up as 3.1.3 SHSH's, as Apple had stopped signing 3.1.2 firmware.. Now that I'm on stock 3.1.3, are these 3.1.3 SHSH's of any use to me? Can I use them to benefit me in a jailbreak somehow, as I read somewhere that by uploading stock 3.1.3 f/w it will block the part of the phone that a jailbreak uses to gain access (or something)..? Does this mean that my 3.1.3 SHSH's on Cydia will somehow reverse this..? I'm not too sure, I know I am clearly clutching at straws..

I pretty much just need a straight answer from someone who actually knows what they are talking about! Any input would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance!
  2. alanescu

alanescu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Nowadays your 3.1.3 signatures are useless, because there is no single advantage in that fw, BUT as soon as any jailbreak/unlock is released for that fw, you will be able to return to it whenever you want, what is really worthy (think that every restore to 3.1.3 will be always possible).