So I have now just figured out how to get iTunes to sign 3.1.2; and I am going to explain how very simply. Right now I have got it to a point where it will sign and my iTunes will say "preparing iPod for restore" and it will get stuck there and I will get error 1603; which appears to have to do with my USB as opposed to anything else, so I'm going to post this in hopes that I have made some contribution to the community. Step 1: Download BOTH 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 firmware for ipod touch 3g. Step 2: Change .ipsw to .zip in the endings. Step 3: Unzip both to seperate folders. Step 4: Rename the following in the 3.1.2 folder: 018-6152-014.dmg -> 018-6522-015.dmg 018-6145-014.dmg -> 018-6513-015.dmg 018-6155-014.dmg -> 018-6496-015.dmg Step 5: Move these into the 3.1.3 folder; it should ask you to overwrite, yes overwrite. Step 6: Use WinRAR to zip the 3.1.3 folder back up. Step 7: Change the new volders .zip ending to .ipsw Step 8: Restore using the .ipsw (shift click, you know the drill) Upon doing all this it will verify it as 3.1.3 and the .dmg is the majority of the data, and I am seeing if I need to change anything else besides these to get this firmware to work, but at least it's getting signed due to using the same p.list as 3.1.3 Please try and post your results, maybe it's my computer or maybe there is more to do. I am not gaurenteeing ANYTHING. EPIC EDIT Alright, so I'm going to recap everything that we have done in this first post for those of you just tuning in. 1. We tried replacing the .dmg's and having apple sign for it. In any combo that we did this, we got to "preparing to restore" and we never got to restore. 2. Editing the p-list for 3.1.2 to match a few values of 3.1.3. Apple checks other files inside the firmware when sending to their server though, so we got denied from upgrading every time. 3. The iBoot file is the one that blackra1n runs so, so next we attempted to place that in the 3.1.3 firmware. After doing so; we successfully restored, however once the iPod restored it refused to boot, and was stuck in a permanent DFU mode until restored to 3.1.3 standard. Currently; I am working on changing file combo's with this to see if I can get this to work. 4. We attempted to decompile the iBoot file to edit the 3.1.3 so it could run like the 3.1.2 and be able to jailbreak and get rid of the DFU problem; but nobody involved has any experience with decrypting them for us to edit. We are awaiting some form of Dev Team representative to hopefully look at this and help us out. 5. There is a program called wireshark which keeps a log of all packets sent and received to your computer. The most recent suggestion was to do this (Page 46). To be updated depending on results. Ask not what your open source can do for you, but what you can do for open source.