3.1.3 downgraded but some issues...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by swisher91, Feb 3, 2010.

1. swisher91

swisher91 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i just opened my new ipod touch 3g that i got for xmas yesterday. i was thinking of returning it but changed my mind. and like a dumbass, the first thing i did right after i opened the box was upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.1.3. ive had a 2g 32g and have jailbroken before, i dont know why i thought this was a good idea at the time. luckily somehow, i dont know what i did, but i was able to downgrade back to 3.1.2 and now i have installed blackra1n and have cydia and everything is running fine. except two things. one, when i reboot it, i get the plug into itunes screen, as if it were running a tethered jailbreak. when i run blackra1n i can get past it but i dont wanna have to do this everytime. and second, in cydia it says that my SHSH is backed up but it isnt, i tried the downgrade tutorial where you add saurik's ip address to the host file but it still couldnt find it. so should i just stick w the tethered version and wait for a 3.1.3 jailbreak or will that not be released anytime soon?
  2. xNerRadx

xNerRadx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well when you find out how you downgraded, please let me know because I can't get it to work.
  3. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not sure, and haven't tried this, but wouldn't a DFU mode shift-restore to a 3.1.2 firmware do it?
    Like I said, I may be completely wrong, but that's the first thing i'd try.
  4. TechnoEagle

TechnoEagle Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I am pretty sure that jailbreaking a 3rd gen iPod touch results in a tethered jailbreak. As far as I know, there is currently no way around this.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    um ipt3 jailbreaks are tethered and will always be tethered until june
  6. swisher91

swisher91 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i didnt know this. so im cool with the downgrade and everything is fine? for some reason i thought only the 8gb 3g was tethered. so theyre releasing an untethered in june? link?
  7. xNerRadx

xNerRadx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yea but it hasn't been working for people. I've tried it numerous times with numerous downloads and it's not working.
  8. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    all 3rd Gens are tethered. wait for greenpois0n.
  9. swisher91

swisher91 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    back with another problem. im trying to access my /private/var/stash/ folder so i can install some themes, aaaaaand it's not there. i installed ssh (i read it's not required for usb syncing but i did anyway) and downloaded ifunbox. the program tells me i need to jailbreak even though on the top left it says jailed. the pic below pretty much explains it all. could it be that since i upgraded to 3.1.3 already im pretty much screwed cause of the bootrom? everything else works fine on the ipod just this one thing. i tried it with iphonebrowser also and got the same results.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Did you download afc2add from Cydia?