iOS 3.1 3.1.2 related music vanished.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by maddog09, Dec 15, 2009.

1. maddog09

maddog09 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I’m brand new to the forum so please forgive me for any mistakes I make in posting.

I hope you kind folks can offer advice to an Apple/ iTunes.

I’ve recently purchased an iPod touch 64gb. I love it but when I upgraded to iTunes 3.1.2 (as suggested by iTunes) I started getting Sync 13019 error messages. Nothing I copied to my iPod was actually appearing on the device. Why is this?

I played around in iTunes trying to fix this. I tried different sync options but now my iPod won’t play any of the music listed on it. In fact the next time I plugged my iPod into iTunes, I was informed that there was no music on the iPod despite all my original music still being listed on the device.

It’s taken a month off and on to build up my music collection so I am reluctant to hit the reset button straight away.

Why did this happen? Can I restore back to how it was last week? I love the iPod Touch but some of the functionality or lack of leaves me tearing my hair out.
  2. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I had the exact same problem, to fix this - i unticked the box to sync all my music with my iphone - and then synced it again.

This sorted all my problems

• Removed the music from iphone
    • Re-added it
    • Problem solved
  3. maddog09

maddog09 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for the reply...I'm resigned to having to re load all my music again.

So I don't have to reset my iPod?

What about the iTunes issues?

This was all caused by me upgrading to 3.1.2. Will the above resolution resolve my iTunes issues? I was thinking of re-downloading iTunes from Apple's web site (pre 3.1.2) but I suspect I'd have to re-load all my music back into iTunes and then back onto my iPod.