iOS 3.1 3.1.2 plus blackra1n

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by madmax17, Nov 22, 2009.

1. madmax17

madmax17 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Doesn't work for me and I'm getting tired of restoring via Itunes, simply the ipod won't turn back on (yes I've tried holding power button and home button to enter dmf mode, yes I've tried qucikboot, no the instructions don't mention anything about your ipod not being able to turn on, if turned off, after blackra1n jailbreak or that you have to do anything, it basically stops after "install cydia" no next step).

Was anyone successful with redsn0w and ipod touch 8gig 3.1.2, I'm giving up on blackra1n.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So now I read that the MC model and blackra1n will only get you the tethered jailbreak, meanning that I need blackra1n to turn the ipod on?! Why doesn't it say this in the black1rain instructions? What's the procedure for this, blackra1n only has one button?
  2. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes blackra1n only has one button, and yes if yours is a MC model your device will be tethered jailbreak i'm afraid. Which means you will need to run the jailbreak tool to reboot the device when it turns off or restarts.

Geohot did mention that the MC models will all be tethered due to the new iBoot version.
  3. madmax17

madmax17 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well it's not a problem I never shut it down, it's just that all those instructions on the net never mentioned anything about it, maybe they need to be updated or they are just sloppy, I was shaking my head and thinking I broke my ipod because they 'forgot' to mention this little fact.