iOS 3.1 3.1.2 Jailbreak Problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by vikings09, Jan 12, 2010.

1. vikings09

vikings09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey I updated and jailbroke my iPod touch 2nd gen to 3.1.2 using a custom firmware. NOT BLACKRA1N, because I like to keep up to date with firmware and stuff. Only problem is that now my iPod shows as only having 6.5 Gb of space compared to 7.1 when it was on 3.0 firmware. Why did this update take up a half GB more of hard disk space? Has anyone else had this problem?? Should I use blackra1n instead of custom firmware? Thx in advance
  2. tomcooldrummer

tomcooldrummer New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    maybe it is because the custom firmware has added the "extra" files (eg. cydia) so that has taken up the space?? i did mine with blackra1n and suddenly it said on other in itunes 751mb :S
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Other is all of the jailbreak data!
  4. deerhunter

deerhunter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    help!!!!!

hi, i used blackra1n on my ipod version 3.1.2 and it jailbroke it fine, apart from every time i reboot i need to connect to itunes, and i have to jailbreak again how do i avoid this can anyone help please!!!!!! thanks alot people

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    3gen iPod? If it is it's a tethered jailbreak.
  6. deerhunter

deerhunter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no its not 3rd gen and what is a tethered jailbreak, can i stop it doin the stupid connect to itunes?
  7. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no thats why it's a tethered jailbreak. it means you have to run blackra1n everytime you turn off your ipod. but its better to keep it on and leave it in sleep.
  8. vikings09

vikings09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Deer Hunter, please look this up in the forums. I'm sure your question has been answered at least 100 times. Create your own thread because I really hate when i see a thread go in a completely different direction. Don't do that to mine
  9. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Agreed
  10. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok check it. Go to setting>general>about.find model number and get back at me. If it said MC in the front you got your self a 3G. Tethered means you need to connect to the computer every time you turn off your iPod. To stop this you need to wait till greenposin is out. I answered your question and please don't thread hack it is very rude to the OP (original poster)

@OP: Restore to the factory setting with iTunes and use blackrain. Custom firmwares are full of information that are not meant to be access. Plus it is safer that way.