3.1.1..Please Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tumeke, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Tumeke

Tumeke New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys,

Well I really don't know what to do I think I may have broken my ipod. I purchased my 8gb ipod touch today with the 3.1.1 firmware. I downloaded itunes 9 but released later on I couldn't downgrade to 3.0 in itunes 9, so I downloaded 8.2 and tried downgrading in there, I put it in DFU mode and shift + click restore, no luck. I keep getting an 1601 error which is getting really frustrating.

I just read in a post that the new 8gb ipod touch's cant be downgraded thats fine, but my ipod is completely unresponsive now, well I cant get to the home page/ battery icon/ sync screen, nothing like that its just stuck on the itunes and usb logo. I tried to just normal restore but itunes cant connect to the network server when I am obviously on the internet....Everytime I connect my ipod to the computer It says its in recovery mode. I really don't know what to do, Im very confused and afraid that ive f****d up my ipod.

Please help,
    Thanks in advance,

Jesse
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First off you haven't broken your iPod touch. You may need to spend some time going through this process below to get it working again though.

1. Install iTunes 9.0.
    2. Open iTunes.
    3. Connect your iPod touch via USB cable to your co─▒mputer.
    4. Put your iPod touch in DFU mode**
    5. A message should appear affirming your device is in 'recovery' mode.
    6. Press the restore button.

**DFU mode is achieved by holding home and power for a count of 10 and then letting go of power while continuing to hold home. The screen should be blank when the computer recognises the iPod touch. If you get a pic of the USB cable on the screen it's in normal 'recovery' mode and you'll have to repeat the process until you get it properly in DFU.
  3. Tumeke

Tumeke New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok cheers man, i am installing 9.0 now. Thanks for the help