3.1.1 double-click bug/interface change?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by queerasmoi, Sep 13, 2009.

1. queerasmoi

queerasmoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have noticed a subtle change in double-click behaviour since I upgraded from 3.0 to 3.1.1.

Under 3.0, if I double-click the home button, I get the iPod controls overlay regardless of whether music is playing. This was very handy because, without leaving an application, I could pause playback for whatever reason, keep working in the app, then double-click again to access controls to resume.

Under 3.1.1, the overlay only comes up if music is playing. If I bring up the overlay, pause, and close the overlay, then a subsequent double-click boots me back to the home screen. This is a loss of functionality - now I am unable to restart playback without exiting the application I'm in.

Does anyone else consider this more inconvenient than the previous behaviour? Has it only been this way since 3.1.1? I would call it a bug except for the fact that, in Settings/Home, it now specifies that music controls will only come up when music is playing. So in Apple-speak it's apparently a feature... in my opinion it's removed a very convenient function from my iPod. I realize I can set the double-click to send me to "iPod", but this still forces a quit out of the active application.
  2. Schtac

Schtac Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I also think that the new double-click bug/interface is useless, it was better the one of open the music w/o exiting the app
  3. fatsnake69

fatsnake69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thats how the iphone does it, which is why i got MusicControls from the cydia store
  4. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    to fix this install ipodpop from cydia once the jailbreak for 3.1 is out
  5. queerasmoi

queerasmoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hah, it's very telling to see that when Apple breaks a feature, the conventional advice is to break the iPod in return rather than to work with Apple for a solution

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. cordyceps

cordyceps New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's a feature at the expense of another one. As 3.1.1 is jb now, I'll check out that cydia app.

Update: ipodpop- it works if home setting is "home" not "iPod " in general settings
  7. PillowMan

PillowMan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Dang, I thought I was the only one annoyed by this. Well, at least IpodPopup fixed the problem from Cydia.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just make sure your Double-Click function is set to Home though in Settings.