3.0 to 3.1 question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by pwnthe2G, Jul 3, 2009.

1. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I dont know if this is a really stupid question, but will i lose all my jailbreak data when i update to 3.1? When i updated to 3.0 from 2.2.1 by accident i know my data stayed there, but when i jailbroke it i didn't have a way to get to the files, it was wasted space. Will the same happen from 3.0 to 3.1? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i know the update to 3.0 from 2.2.1 was different so i was just wondering if i will lose my stuff. If i explained this badly let me know i will try and reword it so it makes more sense lol. i dont know from past experience because i got my ipod at 2.2 and updated it before i ever jailbroke it, and got a new one and updated to 3.0 before i jailbroke that lol so i just want to know now if i will need a backup or not.
    thanks in advance
  2. sashavol

sashavol New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Updating to 3.0 (or any official apple update) will overwrite all existing data on the primary partition. Whenever you update and wish to jailbreak, make sure you select the Restore option, or else you will lose lots of valuable space. And yes, you will lose your data. However a workaround is using an application called AptBackup. (Get it in Cydia) It will backup a list of your jailbroken apps and will install them (read the info when u download the app) Make sure you do an iTunes backup of your iPod after you use AptBackup.
  3. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    aptbackup doesnt work on 3.0 i thought but when it does ill use that lol thanks