3.0 push notifications

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Jeff216, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Jeff216

Jeff216 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have beejive 3.0 *cough cough* on a jailbroken ipod and the push notifications do not work, i thought that a box would come up saying : Luke said: Hi would you like to view but it doesnt is this happening with enybody else
  2. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Push notifications don't seem to work on mine either, tried using Free AIM too...Nothing pushes at all. It must be a jailbreak bug.
  3. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  4. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Unfortunately, that thread only talks about the iPhone...What about us Touch users?
  5. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    that beejive article is about hacktivated phones, not ipods

im having the same problem but only on my home network. at work its fine. So im thinking its to do with ports and or type of security (the network where i get notifications is WPA whereas home is WEP). Those not getting them, what security protocol are you using? and if its WEP can you change to WPA and see if it works (im not home so cant do it right now)
  6. ipodtouch2guser

ipodtouch2guser Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    my 3.0 ipod touch 2g is fine i never recieved a push notification from beejive but thats cause i never use it but i get recieve push notification from textfree unlimited app so id just restore and try again if i were u cause push is awsome
  7. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    in my case its NOT a problem with the JB so doesnt need a restore. as i said its more likely something to do with being blocked by the router. but i dont know whether or not security protocols affect that. need someone not getting them to confirm whether they are using WEP, and if so to try it with WPA
  8. lambo100

lambo100 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have had the same problem the whole time untill now. Right so heres what to do the problem is as your wireless router doesnt allow it through the dns ip that your internet provider puts on as default. In simple steps this is how to fix it.

1. Go onto your internet on computer and type in adress boxhttp://192.168.0.1
    To log on enter username as :admin
    password as assword

now you will get a settings screen on the left side click basic settings and go to the bottom where it says Domain name server now change it so it says : use these dns servers and type in : 194.150.168.168 then press apply.

2. Open your ipod go on settings and wifi. Next to your wifi connection click on the blue arrow and scroll down to dns. Tap on that and enter 194.150.168.168 then wait for it to connect and voila push notifications will come flying in! Brilliant this worked for me like a charm!
  9. gorballfilms

gorballfilms New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What type of router are you referring to? I am using a Dlink and i dont see these settings.
  10. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

as the dev team said, Hackivated users are experiencing Push and Youtube bugs

this means iPod Touches should be good and Push does work for me (u need to be connected to internet like 24/7 though)