3.0 jailbreakable?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by hipy, Jun 8, 2009.

1. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hello,

I know that there is a dev version cracked bla bla but i dont talk about that.

i mean more like: 3.0 is released

then you buy it. can i just copy the file so i have 1 original and 1 to jailbreak ( when the jailbreak comes out

Please Register or Log in to view images

). How does apple check if you payed for it or downloaded it? like a regristration system and would copying screw that up so i cant use it anymore? Its a bit unclear for me.

sorry for my english
    mods: I DO NOT intend in this post to get more info about how to crack, where to download etc the 3.0 firmware!
  2. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    They wouldn't know if you paid or not, but just freaking buy it, it's only $10... There is only one restore file, the original, you don't have a jailbroken one unless we have to make custom firmwares again...
  3. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    none of that is necessary.

the dev team will most likely create an untethered jailbreak for all devices (except of course, the new iphones) within a week of its release

this jailbreak will hack the CURRENT firmware on your device, so you wont have to restore, and if you need to, will be able to restore to the 3.0 you downloaded and payed for.
  4. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

so are you saying that i wont have to restore to 3.0 when it come out just cuz im jailbroken? ill just install the new firmware and tada? what about porting all the crap to 3.0? thats going to be trouble.
  5. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    If you're jailbroken at the moment, you will need to restore to 3.0, you shouldn't upgrade from a jailbreak to non-jailbreak firmware.
  6. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So when 3.0 cones out I restore to a jailbroken version of the new os, so I lose all pacgages etc? I hope apt backup works on 3.0