3.0 jailbreak "successful" according to redsn0w, but I'm not jailbroken yet.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by CheshireMac, Aug 7, 2009.

1. CheshireMac

CheshireMac New Member

Hey folks. Me again.
    I've discovered the joys of JB'ing and I am truly in love. Sadly, I decided to see what all the fuss was about with 3.0, and paid for the upgrade. I have to say, I like the new additions, and it was worth the money. Now though, when I try to Jailbreak with redsn0w 0.8, I get through all of the steps, it tells me it's done, and I close the window. I wait about ten minutes, and I get the same, not-jailbroken iPod touch. I've been doing this with a factory reset 3.0 2g touch, using iTunes 8.2, followed at least a thousand tutorials, in different methods, all to the same effect.
    It's annoying, because I see lots of other people have the same issue, and it's the only one that never seems to be addressed. So I'm just posting another bit here to see if it produces anything.
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Did you restore before you updated to 3.0? Also, try to download from a different source and try to run the program as Admin.
  3. CheshireMac

CheshireMac New Member

I've done all of the above. That's the thing. I've taken every precaution in doing this. I'm running Vista. I've tried with and without libusb . . . which is useless to my computer apparently. I've also set it to be compatible with XP sp2, fresh factory settings, running on my backup with songs, etc. Both ways, or any way is useless. I get a black, back-lit screen for about ten minutes, and it boots up the same software, no Cydia in sight.
    My friend has a Mac. I'm going to attempt a JB with that.
    Til then, any other suggestions?
  4. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    if you have an XP, i'd suggest you use that machine. What I've noticed so far, since the release of the first JB of 3.0, is that most Vista users have difficult time JB'ing with Vista. I used an XP machine to JB mine since it didn't work on my Vista
  5. CheshireMac

CheshireMac New Member

Gahhh!!!! There IS a way to do this. It HAS been done by others. There is NO reason I can't get this done, aside from some tiny issue I'm not seeing.
    I have no desire or money to get XP, I've done every step a thousand different ways, and read the Windows Jailbreak sticky post from page 1 to 23 . . . all I see is that some others have the same issue and nobody has ever posted a solution.
  6. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    well, if you know someone with xp, you can use their machine... you only need an itunes there and the jb software.. well, i did it more than 10 times in vista and have done maybe all of the things you did, so i can't blame you for getting frustrated... for xp, i only did it once and poof, it was there!
  7. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Can you give us computer specs, iTunes version, iPod info and anything you think could be relevant for us to flick through?

As for the vista issue, all redsn0w version's I have ever used on vista have all worked
  8. CheshireMac

CheshireMac New Member

Sadly, everyone I know runs Vista, and I would run Ubuntu if I had a machine to run it on.
    Any thoughts on why this is happening? Maybe I can devise a master plan to conquer the damned thing.
    I'm currently running on Inspiron 1420, 2gb ddr2 ram, 120 gb HDD, Vista with iTunes 8.2.0.23. Resn0w 0.8, iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw . . . anything else helpful?
  9. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Like I said, can you provid us with some info on your setup?
  10. CheshireMac

CheshireMac New Member

I'm currently running on Inspiron 1420, 2gb ddr2 ram, 120 gb HDD, Vista with iTunes 8.2.0.23. Resn0w 0.8, iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw . . . anything else helpful?