3.0 jailbreak questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 1337BUHMILLION, Jun 23, 2009.

1. 1337BUHMILLION

1337BUHMILLION New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, i haven't JB my iPod touch since the early 2.2.1 days and don't remember it in detail. i plan on jailbreaking it again, now that i have 3.0. i want to know though, are there any major changes? is Cydia and diffrent? does winterboard work in 3.0? and are any of the functionatlities i had when i jailbroke in 2.2.1 taken away because of no support in 3.0?
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Some changes in 3.0 include landscape keyboard, copy and paste, spotlight, for example. Cydia did not change, it hasn't changed since its release, why do you think it will change now? Well besides minor changes like queuing apps and there are some more but nothing big. And yes winterboard works.
  3. Rich5150

Rich5150 Banned

alot of the cydia apps are not yet supported in 3.0 and is very un stable at this time witch is why i put off jailbreaking my ipod until more apps are compatible with 3.0
  4. 1337BUHMILLION

1337BUHMILLION New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    THNX guys

yea i guess that things like logo me don't work in 3.0 yet... but if winterboard works... GREAT! that and ssh are the mian reasons i Jailbreak.
  5. d3xterity

d3xterity Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    New things in 3.0 are Bluetooth, copy+paste, spotlight, voice memos for recording (with mic), and other improvements. i find winterboard to be a little buggy with the new 3.0 firmware as I used it and I encountered some problems. Once I was changing a theme on winterboard and all of a sudden, my ipod shut off. I dont know why, but I managed to restore. Worth the upgrade.
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Winterboard works fine, except for keyboard themes, and SSH is the same in 3.0