3.0 jailbreak opinions!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Appman, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've been putting off jailbreaking 3.0 since it's release because of hearing all the problems people were having on it, some to the point their iPods wouldn't turn on. So what should I do if I do jailbreak and my iPod won't turn on and I can't get into DFU? Also please post your 3.0 jailbreak problems and how and if you fixed them. It would be a great help to me.
  2. jimorna

jimorna New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Don't bother, dude. I just downgraded back to 2.2.1 because 3.0's wifi was terrible. It wouldnt let me download faster than 30KB/s. Lot's of the jailbroken apps were glitchy, too. Bluetooth was a letdown, so im just going to use iBluetooth on 2.2.1

Hope i helped.
  3. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I can pick out many problems with our post. First off, 3.0 was not intended to unlock file transfer, simply the A2DP profile, and ibluetootg does not work on th ipt2g regardless of the firmware that the device is running on. Lastly, just because you had wifi problems does not mean you needed to downgrade, people found other ways to solve their problems.

@ OP Only problem I had was due to SP3 due to the dev releasing a botched package, but it was fixed by an uninstall

Please Register or Log in to view images

I say jailbreak
  4. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ +1. Go ahead & JB. I think it's worth it. My JB 3.0 is far stabler than JB 2.2.1 ever was...
  5. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well at first i felt it was a bit buggy but after a while it seemed like my device became accustomed to it, now it's smooth

6. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, the only problem I had was that I'd installed both Icy & Cydia the first time. So Cydia kept crashing. However, the forums helped me sort that one out. After that i've never had any app crash on me. ( I haven't played Sims 3 yet on 3.0

)
  7. iBillyO

iBillyO New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I Installed 3.0 and jailbroke both a 2g and 1g with absolutely no problems going on 5 months now never had any issues. Some people are just unlucky.