3.0 Jailbreak? Is there one?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by FrozenByFear, Jun 15, 2009.

1. FrozenByFear

FrozenByFear New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there going to be a 3.0 (final version) jailbreak anytime soon because I just got 3.0 but I think I might downgrade just so I can have jailbreak again. What do you guys think?
  2. Mootykinz

Mootykinz New Member

There will be a jailbreak released in a couple of weeks most likely, there have been rumers that it will be released the 19th (two days after public release)
  3. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what about the iphone 2g unlock im assuming you will still be able to yes?
  4. Mootykinz

Mootykinz New Member

By no means am I a expert but aren't all of the jailbreaks from hardware flaws so no software can really stop us. There are a lot of threads talking about jailbreaking 3.0 and it seems like most people are preatty optimistic about a jailbreak in the near future for all of the iDevices.
  5. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    apple can try and stop us but eventually someone always finds a way
  6. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ok.. your kinda right.. not ALL jailbreaks are hardware flaws. some are software.. but those can be fixed.. BUT, some of the more current jailbreaks have been hardware (ie IPT2G) now... for anyone, going with the IPT example, who gets 3.0 for their iPod Touch 2G gets 3.0, they will b able to jailbreak, not right away, but fairly soon after release. Since like you said, it is a hardware issue, the dev team can quickly find a way for the 3.0 Jailbreak. now... this... could b a problem for iphone users, because tho the jailbreak isn't software (as far as i know), the unlock is. so.. my suggestion, anyone who wants to jailbreak and unlock their iphones on 3.0, wait 2 upgrade until the dev team says so. cause if u upgrade, most likely the baseband will upgrade as well, making the jailbreak/unlock combo near impossible. but for ipod touch users, go ahead and upgrade. u may have to live with a non-jailbroken device for a few days, maybe a week tops... but then you'll b back to jailbroken again in no time.

very well put. this is so true. Apple can not make a "Perfect, Exploit free" device. there is ALWAYS going to be something where they slip up. always. its human nature. they can close up any current exploits, but there will always be others, and the dev teams are dedicated to finding those exploits. i mean.. the iPod touch 2g exploits took forever to find, and many people gave up that it could b done.. but its done now... so.. it really only is a matter of time until an exploit is found. the only... REAL way for apple to seal exploits is either through a new iPod touch, or to recall EVERY SINGLE iPod touch EVER sold... which they won't do. so... yeah.. new ipod touch = potentially new exploits to find... there was that whole deal as to whether apple closed up the current exploit in time for the new iphone releases, but idk what the result of that was... but yeah.. there's ur answer.
  7. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i thought the iphone 2g unlock could be done no matter what because it was hardware not software
  8. Mootykinz

Mootykinz New Member

I think what he is saying is there is going to be a jailbreak for it so you can run third party code it is just going to be a while for the unlock because of the new version of baseband they have used. So if you use a different carrier then AT&T then your going to want to wait until the dev team gives us a update before you upgrade.
  9. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i use at&t pay as you go instead of the dumbass iphone plan so im all good to go

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Mootykinz

Mootykinz New Member

You can get a prepaid iPhone?