3.0 jailbreak battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thedahomino, Jun 21, 2009.

1. thedahomino

thedahomino Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    anyone notice theirs decrease? i know that when i jailbroke mine the batter died in about 2 hours on standby. i know this is not normal so i was just wondering if anyone else had a problem with this. I restored to a fresh 3.0 and my battery is fine now so i know that its the jailbreak. i mean i took it out of my pocket after like an hour of no use and it was insanely hot and went from 39% to 3% battery. With no use! ridiculous.
  2. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    your ipod seems to have a problem!
  3. thedahomino

thedahomino Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    iphone. and no. it was only an issue after i jailbroke it.
  4. Jakemorgan09

Jakemorgan09 New Member

Hey, hey, hey, i had the same issue, its not the jailbreak, its the 3.0 software, as soon as i upgraded (legit software from itunes), my phone wouldnt charge higher than the red battery levels and it was insanely hot, the battery died in almost minutes.

Right the thing i did was restore it the 2.2.1 (or in your case whatever you had, jailbroken or not), before you restore however make sure you backup your new 3.0 software.

Right i know this isnt very clear, ill bulletpoint it

Please Register or Log in to view images

- Connect your phone to itunes and press restore, you should get a window asking you to backup. Make sure you back up what is currently on your phone.

- Then once the phone has been restored to its old software, you should notice the battery is okay now,( no overheating, rapid loss), if not, dont worry.

- Have a go off it send a message on your old software or something, this is what i did, i dont know whether its neccasary.

- When you've done all that, restore and the last backup you made (your 3.0 jailbreak) should install back onto the phone, minus the battery issue.

This is exactly what happened to mine. When i found out it was overheating straight after installing 3.0 i restored. This may not work for you, its what worked for me and i can only give you this a suggestion. It may not work!

Please becareful and let me know if i can assist you anymore

Btw, with the 3.0 software installed i have just jailbroken my iphone, its not overheating, its working great.

Ohh Redsn0w crashed while installing the jailbreak on to my phone, god only knows how my phone didnt brick

5. thedahomino

thedahomino Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I am running non-jailbroken 3.0 right now and it's great. I might try to jailbrak again tomoro but it seemed to make my phone laggy besides the overheating battery issues. Idk what was up but I might try it again tomoro.
  6. Donatien

Donatien New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Simply disabling push notifications worked for me.
  7. Puaar94

Puaar94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    mines been in standby for 3 days now and it still has 30%
  8. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I dont see why your battery would decrease.

When youre jailbroken, you can do so much to make your battery better than it is stock.

1) Disabling non-needed launch daemons
    2) Erasing Stocks.App
    3) Installing SBSettings (Free Memory, plug Brightness and toggles) (drastic increase)

Thats just three.