3.0, is it worth the jump from 2.2.1?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by The Crow, Jun 20, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Just wondering from all members who have the 1G iPod touch, is it really worth the update to 3.0 from 2.2.1?? I have everything working great with the 2.2.1 firmware and all my themes work, along with Five Icon Dock/Five Column Springboard/iFiles/iBlank/Categories/etc.. So are there any true benefits to the jump to 3.0, or just stick to what I have already? Thanks for any comments, and I know there seem to be many happy members with this but I see many complaints with 3.0.

Thanks
  2. beebop

beebop New Member

No, not for a 1G. Unless you really want push notifications then i'd wait for 4.0.
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks buddy for your quick reply, and I never liked the Push factor from Cydia now with 2.2.1. It seemed to drain my battery faster, again thanks.
  4. serrell

serrell New Member

I couldn't agree more. With the exception of the landscape keyboard I have found nothing that merited my upgrading. Now that being said I haven't come across anything that has made me regret the upgrade either. Haven't had any issues.
  5. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    well i say its worth the jump. Increased perfromace and battery life. And just wait till the devs start using all of those new APIs. And dont forget its now possible to make accessories that connect through the iDevice's usb port( control pad anyone?). I say update and be happy.
    ps. Are you peopple serious? wait for 4.0?? you do realize that itl be released next year?
  6. tsinvest

tsinvest New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Weak wifi

Weak wifi signal with 3 - stick with 2.21 if this is important to you.
  7. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I think that all of the tweaks included in 3.0 are worth it.
    I particularly enjoy the improvements in the audio player-- scrubbing, etc.
    The direct access to Itunes U is also great.
    There is some slight lag in safari that wasn't there before, but I assume that in the next interim update Apple will fix that.
  8. gman180

gman180 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Don't it's sh*t I'm stuck at a hotel and have no pc to downgrade

Please Register or Log in to view images

as soon as I get back home I'm back to 2.2.1
  9. kpiskin

kpiskin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The only real thing I can notice different is "cut and paste" and landscape keyboard in more apps. Other than that it seems basically the same to me. If those two things are really important, then I'd say pay for it. Otherwise I don't think you're missing much.
  10. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks guys, that is all I need to hear and I will stick to my 2.2.1 version. No need for any of the basic very basic improvements with the 3.0, which seems to only good for the iPhones