3.0 functions for the 1st gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by sjleworthy, Mar 18, 2009.

1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    sorry if there's already a thread going (please direct me

Please Register or Log in to view images

) but....

just to some up, what will the lowly 1st gen user get out of the new fw? (most things in the announcement were talked about with the 2nd gen and iPhone in mind)
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

New Features (should) include: Copy/Paste, Multiple Attachments in Mail, Landscape in stocks, notes, mail, etc, Spotlight for iPhone, Push Notifications, In-App Purchases, Extra YouTube features (accounts, ratings, comments, etc.), Notes Sync, Shake to Shuffle, More Languages, iTunes Store account creations, anti-phishing and auto fill in Safari, Live Streaming, Voice Recording (with a microphone plugged in) along with the use of apps made with the new SDK (like Sims 3) which supports over 1000 new APIs.

Hope I didnt leave anything out

3. keigo

keigo New Member

well the easy one to say is... almost everything included.. the only few thing exclude are those that required bluetooh due to 1g touch don't have bluetooth chip in it.
  4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    thanks guys.

i dont mind paying the premium, but personally for me it wont change anything. even copy'n'paste wasn't on my list. i dont youtube either

trouble is, we've come to the end of the road for much more on the gen 1 me thinks, other than tweaks here and there. we've possibly reached it's hardware limits.

I think the major upgrade for the Touch will be when the hardware is upgrades, ie, the next ipod Touch. i suspect it's ability and power/hardware to run Flash/mobile internet etc etc will be realised. if not in the next Touch then soon after. i think it's inevitable.
    Perhaps the new netbooks/tablets might be the way to go (for me at least).

whatever, i'm not complaining. i still very much LOVE my 1st gen Touch, and always will. it's an upgrade all the same, which is always good usually. I suppose what we get out of it just depends on how we use our devices. personally for me it's just an organiser, games and internet device. i dont watch video, listen to music or socially network on it.

oh yeah, any news on battery usage?
  5. SjPedro

SjPedro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    battery usage will suck as always

lol
  6. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    is the 1st gen compatible with one?
  7. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No; unless you have a dock-connected 1st-gen compatible mic.