3.0 Firmware for upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by pcougar22, Jul 17, 2009.

1. pcougar22

pcougar22 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    First off I have purchased via iTunes 3.0 upgrade for my iPod touch 2nd Gen. JBed my Touch, all good. Then got a new iPhone 3Gs, but that one came with 3.0 installed already. So I tried to JB it using .8 Redsn0w, pointed to the firmware from my iPod touch but now sitting at waiting for reboot and nothing happens. Tried this process so many times, still same thing, can't JB my iPhone. My question - is the 3.0 firmware for iPod touch 2G same as the one for iPhone? I thought it is but if anyone can confirm that would be great. Thanks!
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Lol definitely not the same. Why would you ever think that? You need to download the firmware for your iPhone.
  3. Puaar94

Puaar94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    there is now redsn0w 9 got to the dev team blog to find out how to use it!!!
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    What does that have any thing to do with this. Obviously you didn't read the whole post

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    uhhhh ultrasn0w 9 is out not redsn0w so maybe you should learn how to read?
  6. CHC

CHC New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you mean its the same firmware features, generally yes, except hardware specific things, if you mean the file is the same, its not