3.0 Cydia Crashes

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by TheCatGoesMeow, Sep 6, 2009.

1. TheCatGoesMeow

TheCatGoesMeow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently updated to 3.0, first I tried using a *******, and yesterday iTunes told me there was an update (3.0) available for my iPod. I downloaded it (for some reason it did not charge me) and upgraded from FW 2.2.1. The problem I am having is that whenever I install packages that need a respring, my iPod just freezes/crashes. I press "Reload Springboard" and it just stays at a black screen. I have tried rebooting it (holding down lock/home simultaneously), but to no avail. It will reboot to the black screen...
    Do any of you might know what's going on? (I am jailbreaking with redsn0w 0.8 and installing Cydia only)
  2. Salmanius

Salmanius Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Your not suppose to talk about illegal activity (*******ing the 3.0 software) on these forums.
  3. xsouldeath

xsouldeath New Member

a restore to 3.0 firmware (not to be confused with restore from backup)= bye bye music videos apps and all the cydia stuff

i suggest a restore perhaps with the 3.0 firmware using a .ipsw file in your %
    and uh *buy* the file from itunes.. supposedly you can call them if you bought the ipod recently and it didnt come with that firmware and they could maybe help you ..
    userprofile% ,..somewhere within there..google the exact path.. assuming itunes knows that you have the file ..which it should..
    after that you should be able to install applications with no problem
  4. glassguitar75

glassguitar75 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    on windows xp it it C:/Documents and Settings/Your user name/Application Data(you need to view hidden folders)/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates