3.0 custom boot image

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by itsroberth, Aug 10, 2009.

1. itsroberth

itsroberth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok so i have a ipod touch 2g and want to upgrade/jailbreak to 3.0 i know how to do this using redsnow but is it possible to somehow jailbreak it with a custom boot image and 3.0 at the same time?
  2. catboy756

catboy756 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Nope, the dev team hasn't released a pwnagetool for the ipod touch 2g, I have no idea why thought. You will have to upgrade and then run redsn0w to jailbreak.
  3. palyons

palyons New Member

Device:
    iPad
    You really don't know why? If you looked through the older posts on this forum, and a few others, dating back to when the Untethered jailbreak for the iPod Touch 2G was first released you might have a better understanding.

But here's the reason in any case. Just before it came out, there was a leak of the Patch by a company known as NitroKey, who started selling the Untethered patch. It was shortly afterwards that the Dev Team released it, seeing how there was no point to not release it anymore.

Bottom line, they aren't releasing a PwnageTool/XPwn with the iPod Touch 2G Firmware Bundle patches, because they want to keep the jailbreak controlled for as long as possible. In other words, they don't want people getting ahold of their software and selling it again and take credit for their hard work.
  4. catboy756

catboy756 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I heard of NitroKey, they had to ruin it for everyone.
  5. frozenkimchi

frozenkimchi Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wow nitrokey, $15 for it.. I wonder how much they sold..
  6. palyons

palyons New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Depending on the number of people desperate enough that didn't know how to properly search, possibly a fair amount. And also the fact that 24kPwn, the untethered patch came out a few short hours after NitroKey released the software to their site, probably a lot more people realized that they could get it for free.
  7. itsroberth

itsroberth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So is there no other way of getting a new boot image, possible something i can download in icy or cydia ?
  8. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    LogoMe is what you're looking for. It is not compatible with 3.0 though. Just wait for an update.

@Everyone else who posted, There is a rule against mentioning commercial jailbreak software.