3.0 Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ixnay566, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Ixnay566

Ixnay566 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Has anyone noticed the battery life is worse on 3.0? I can leave work at 5pm phone fully charged, not use it at all except to check the time, and it will be stone dead when I wake up at about 630am. Which was never the case before, even if I used it through the evening.
  2. beebop

beebop New Member

worse? no i find it lasts longer on mine... probably because it's not jailbroken
  3. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That's weird. I'm not sure why that would be. If it were jailbroken, it could be explained.
  4. beebop

beebop New Member

Ixnay566 do you perhaps have push notification check for mail on to like every 15 minutes? that would drain your juice fast
  5. thedahomino

thedahomino Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Yeah my battery life improved. Idk what's up with yours dude.
  6. Ixnay566

Ixnay566 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I do have push on, although it doesn't work. Fetch is set to manual. I had push turned on before I upgraded to 3.0 tho. I have location services set to off. My phone is not jailbroken. It was when I had 2.2.1. I have done a restore twice, fresh, with no backup. I don't wanna waste the time at the apple store for them to tell me to deal with it, but I am recharging way too often. Also, how does the phone actually calculate teh usage time and standby time? because I know for a fact that I took it off the charger at 11:30 am at full charge, and at 6:00 pm it was down to 20% battery, but the usage said 6 hours, 59 mins with 13 hours, 34 minute standby. That doesn't add up.
  7. Greggyfoote

Greggyfoote New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My battery life is very good for my iphone 3g 3.0, dont have any problems. I turned push off, and 3g etc.
  8. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    +1 but jailbroken. Bluetooth, ssh and wifi all pull the battery down, so I turn them off when not using them..
  9. B4Bronco6

B4Bronco6 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Well I'm jailbroken on a first gen 3.0 and my battery life is HORRID.

I have one email (exchange) set up and I do get pushed my email. The only problem is, it KILLS my batter and makes my Iphone Hot as HELL.

I left it on the mail screen just sitting there, and I slowly saw my battery drop 6 % in less than 2 minutes.

What is up wit dat?

Oh and when I do have push enabled under Mail, my computer screen goes all crazy and jumps and wiggles all over.

When I have it off, it's fine.
  10. fbmbikes

fbmbikes New Member

my batt life is terrible.
    when i had 2.2 i used to text all the time/ get calls and play games and my battery would last almost 2 days sometimes more. now im getting 5-6 hours on a charge wtf? and 3.0 seems laggy to me idk why kinda delayed