3.0 Answers

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by vtaran, Mar 19, 2009.

1. vtaran

vtaran New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright so i've been lurking this forum for a while now and I cant believe the amount of imbeciles posting just nonsense and people arguing over nothing really hard to figure out on your own..

Having said that..let me clear up some points for everyone who doesn't seem to get it..and yes im sure there have been threads before blah blah blah whats one more right?

1) Yes, you can fully install firmware 3.0 on the Ipod Touch 2g and it fully well may be illegal but the fact remains its physically possible aslong as you get the ipsw file (which I wont disclose how to get)

2) You can circumvent the UIDI(?) process check stupidly easily just by clicking the little (x) that is on the right hand side of Itunes connecting to the online server..

3) Yes Bluetooth is finally unlocked and I personally have connected a stereo headset myself and it works just fine (Motorola S9) if anyone was curios.

4) Plenty of bugs and such..not worth really installing unless your a dev and you have more than one device.

Now I hope all what i've posted isn't illegal here (from what i've seen this stuff has been repeatedly posted and no bans have been made on this content) I am not distributing any software or links to anything.

I hope this has made things a smidgen easier if not..delete this..
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it's been repeatedly posted why did you start a new thread to say the same thing again? In such cases, please post in an open thread next time rather than starting your own thread. Thanks
  3. Josso

Josso Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Because it was repeatedly posted in diverse threads and not in a new thread?

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Thanks, info helps the people

5. rabby

rabby New Member

can you revert back to 2.x?
  6. Chakalaka

Chakalaka New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yes!
    Can you revert?
  7. tomasfn93

tomasfn93 Member

yes !!! now i can restore to 3.0 without any problem!!! thanks!!! i will post here my result.
  8. rabby

rabby New Member

If it's not too much to ask... can you do the restore to 3.0 then go back to redsn0w 2.2 then update again to 3.0. I want to know if it does not harm the Bluetooth

lolz...

anyways i want to know if it can be restored back to 2.2 if ever the beta is not usable as of the moment
  9. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hahahaha, confused already... But yeah, for those of you who managed to revert back to 2.x, can you post the result for us here to see?

10. Augusta

Augusta Banned

Oh, it's illegal, but we can still discuss it!

And no, it's not possible unless you are a hobbit.