3.0 and it's problems with JB

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by jcid92, Jun 26, 2009.

1. jcid92

jcid92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So im at jailbreak 2.2 im bout to jailbreak to 3.0. what's the possible way to do all this without losin my music and apps, i know redsnow you have to restore into 3.0 on itunes first, but i want to keep everythin on my ipod. so yeah gimme the possible way people. oh yeah it would be cool if you all gimme a heads up on the cydia problem and how to fix it. THANKS PEOPLE!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. sevin910

sevin910 New Member

i cant jailbreak

i cant jailbreak my ipod touch 2g 3.0. is there any other way to jailbreakthe ipod touch 2g 3.0. i want a simple way. ive tried like 3 different ways and tit will not work some one help me please!!!!
  3. iJizz

iJizz New Member

So how do you expect to get firmware 3.0 on your iPod? Well, I guess you could just get an animated Steve Jobs to come over into your iPod and erase the 2.2 text and put in 3.0. But other than that, I'm pretty clueless.

If you didn't catch the sarcasm, there is NO way of doing that without a restore.
  4. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well u could backup in itunes and then restore from back up after the jb
  5. jcid92

jcid92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    wyndwarrior, what if my music isnt on the itunes library, will it still sync it if its not on the itunes library
  6. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, if u Downloaded it off of iTunes then u could get it for free if u login to ur account.
    Otherwise just SSH into /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music/. Copy all the folders named F01, F02, and so on to your computer. The files have nonsensical names, but they're really your tunes, and iTunes (and even Windows itself) knows it. Just import them to ur iTunes library and iTunes should automatically retrive the names for them (mp3 tags).